• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marder IIIM * *DONE* *

Marder IIIM

Chips with everything !

VCYCYYN.jpg

v4VfgZm.jpg

JhqKL9W.jpg

And a dirty brown pin wash.

Ian.

Marder IIIM

Streaks & stains:

DaiYxgi.jpg

CRX6KAV.jpg

xfss48s.jpg

Oil dot filter with Windsor & Newtons' finest ! - next... pigments, stay tuned, folks. :frantic

Ian.

Marder IIIM

The streaking grime effects look great...anxious for the pigments use :eek:ldguy

Ian, I do not known if my opinion( constructive...) is good for you, but I found the chipping very excessive, anyway the overall look is very good :good:

Luiz.

Marder IIIM

Yes friend I did 'overuse' the chipping on this one :facepalm , after the streaking and other weathering effects it is better but need to remind myself the 'less is more' !!

Ian.

Marder IIIM

Somewhat inevitably and sadly, when pigments are applied, one loses the definition in the camouflage pattern. Not in the first photo (because I forgot), I also used Mig's 'European Earth' as a 'blender' to tie-together the various tones of wash & pigments. And before anybody asks, yes, the slightly different tone on the left-front road wheel is deliberate !!

Otvub3s.jpg

dsmLQbt.jpg

iMPxcbv.jpg

cTwfiVE.jpg

iAGv89W.jpg

lCljJl1.jpg

These will be the last pics before final assembly (hopefully this evening, my time). As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment.

Ian.

Marder IIIM

And so after 48 years of building plastic models, I have finished my first German WWII armour - started many, first time finished. Please feel free to make any comment, criticism or ask any questions.

NqESYcQ.jpg

eUAs3aG.jpg

col24ok.jpg

JOcZ93F.jpg

hfDaXkr.jpg

OeVfCZL.jpg

XhPd1Nl.jpg

cy13wiF.jpg

72XprGE.jpg

Bar9dsa.jpg

Have a great weekend all.

Ian.