• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M7

Shawn.

I could tell you. But then I would . . . . well. . . . . you know the rest of that sentence ;)

jenny croft wrote:
So , do you think those ammo tubes are individual ?

Jenny :kiss:

Nope. All one amazing Dragon bit of molding. :woohoo:

shizouka_stuff_5_20100514_1064694871.jpg

Gary B)

Hi there.

It's really too bad that Dragon decided to mold the ammo tubes in situ on the ammo racks. I have a set of the Verlinden 105mm Howitzer ammo and it would be great for this. I guess that is one area where that ancient Italeri kit is superior. ;<) VBG Then again I suppose one can always drill out those ammo tubes.

Jenny, Master Box is coming out with a WW2 U.S. Artillery crew figure set. Here's the link to it: http://www.mbltd.info/3577.htm

I have already pointed out to Alexander at Master Box that the ammo being handed to the loader should have a fuse on its end rather than a lifting ring. Alexander said they will correct that prior to releasing the figure set.

That figure set will be great for a lot of other artillery pieces.

Cheers from Peter

G Cooper wrote:
Shawn.

I could tell you. But then I would . . . . well. . . . . you know the rest of that sentence ;)

jenny croft wrote:
So , do you think those ammo tubes are individual ?

Jenny :kiss:

Nope. All one amazing Dragon bit of molding. :woohoo:

shizouka_stuff_5_20100514_1064694871.jpg

Gary B)

Gary,
Understood, I will happily remain oblivious... :lol:

Someone already does a set of M7 arty figures but I cant remember who :(

The M7 itself does look very good though cant wait to get my paws on one :)

Plus that one piece track yum no more messing around with little bits :woohoo:

The parts breakup is excellent news as the kit has three hull sides and two with no cutout for the extended pulpit so an earlier variant as used by the Brits and later the US in NA can be done from the kit with little effort. That was good thinking from DML although I'm pretty sure an earlier one and a later - hopefully M7B1 will be forthcoming. Of course being based on Sherman and M3 Chassis a bit of mix an match will be possible including some of the early Brit ones (from US 2AD stock) that had the Caterpiller one piece tranny cover. A great start to the modelling year. If anyone wants to dispose of Academy ones you can always through them this way :)
Spanner

jknaus wrote:
That looks cool. I wonder if they'll do a Kangaroo next?
James

Hi James.

If they don't, converting an M7 to a Kangaroo is a relatively easy conversion to do. Basically removal of the gun and the addition of a welded armour piece in front of the opening where the gun was. I read that for some operations regular steel was used because there wasn't enough armour plate available.

Cheers from Peter

jknaus wrote:
James

:hmmm

Well. I will see your kangaroo, and go all in for a Sexton :blink .

Mostly because that would mean that we would also get a nice new 25 pounder that has been seriously whacked about with the Dragon detail stick :woohoo: . To be honest, I kind of think that we may just see that by the next Shizouka show in 2011 :ermm: . But then again, I also thought that Dragon would be out with their Ostwind before the end of last year :S .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
jknaus wrote:
James

Mostly because that would mean that we would also get a nice new 25 pounder that has been seriously whacked about with the Dragon detail stick :woohoo: . To be honest, I kind of think that we may just see that by the next Shizouka show in 2011 :ermm: . But then again, I also thought that Dragon would be out with their Ostwind before the end of last year :S .

Gary B)

I vote for you. A new tool 25pounder mmmmmmmmmm :laugh:

jknaus wrote:
G Cooper wrote:
jknaus wrote:
James

Gary B)

I vote for you. A new tool 25pounder mmmmmmmmmm :laugh:

Hi there.

Which would you want, the smooth trails or the riveted one like the Tamiya one? That is if the Sexton had anything of the trail left in it that is. IIRC, the 25-pounder in the Sexton was on a mount that did not need any of the gun trail.

I remember getting the old Dragon Bison for the 25-pounder but thought it was out of scale and was too small compared to the Tamiya version. I traded it for something else.

Cheers from Peter

G Cooper wrote:
jknaus wrote:
James

Gary B)

Whilst I admire your choice of subject it isn't a very easy conversion of this kit or a mix and match with new parts for DML. THe Sexton was radically different enough to be a whole new kit so I reckon you will see a Sexton from Bronco/Miniart (just after the Bronco 2pdr and Bishop) before you will ever see it from DML.
In the meantime a lot of commonwealth M7's and US M7's await the scalpel and glue.
Al

Back