• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M61A5 DONE..DIORAMA TO COME

M61A5 MAIN BATTLE TANK

More goodies on the way.

hfd626d2.jpg

hd3a2b79.jpg

h71010df.jpg

h7652a76.jpg

:eek:hyeah

M61A5 MAIN BATTLE TANK

It absolutely amazes me all the stuff that is out there these days. Only 40 years ago, modelers would have never dreamed there would be the selection of products available today, and, even then, it would be another twenty years before they could be bought in injection plastic, albeit, in most places, only on the Internet. In many ways, we are experiencing the Golden Age of modeling. Things like you have just posted were only a dream and had to be scratch built or you could forget about it.

I'm from another age and I still can't get used to buying on the Internet although I owned one of the largest Internet model companies in the world for more than 20 years. Back then, if I needed something, I could walk out in the warehouse and get it. I really, really miss that. I went to the only hobby shop in town the other day and bought three bottles of paint. $19.00! I couldn't believe it. Back in the 1960s, I could have bought those same three bottles for $0.75. Can you believe that?

Beautiful stuff Terry!

Following with great interest!

Bob

M61A5 MAIN BATTLE TANK

It absolutely amazes me all the stuff that is out there these days. Only 40 years ago, modelers would have never dreamed there would be the selection of products available today, and, even then, it would be another twenty years before they could be bought in injection plastic, albeit, in most places, only on the Internet. In many ways, we are experiencing the Golden Age of modeling. Things like you have just posted were only a dream and had to be scratch built or you could forget about it.

I'm from another age and I still can't get used to buying on the Internet although I owned one of the largest Internet model companies in the world for more than 20 years. Back then, if I needed something, I could walk out in the warehouse and get it. I really, really miss that. I went to the only hobby shop in town the other day and bought three bottles of paint. $19.00! I couldn't believe it. Back in the 1960s, I could have bought those same three bottles for $0.75. Can you believe that?

Beautiful stuff Terry!

Following with great interest!

Bob

Yeah I can believe it. My first model cost 75 cents, but for me that was 3 weeks allowance. Now you can spend as much on paint as a kit. Three and four dollars a bottle.

I will post some pictures. I have added some greebles to the upper hull to give it some extra spark.

B)

M61A5 MAIN BATTLE TANK

Adding details/greebles.....still more to come.

M61A511.jpg

M61A512.jpg

M61A513.jpg

M61A514.jpg

M61A515.jpg

B)

Back