• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3E8 SHERMAN

B) Maybe you should change your MA name to 'Mr SHERMAN!
Really beautiful work Terry - the stowage brings the olive drab to life.
Love it - best Sherman i have seen for a long time. :good:

Ian.

B) Maybe you should change your MA name to 'Mr SHERMAN!
Really beautiful work Terry - the stowage brings the olive drab to life.
Love it - best Sherman i have seen for a long time. :good:

Ian.

:blush: Thank you Ian for the kind words.

I have been working on the 50 cal today. I replaced the Tamiya one with one from a Hobby Boss kit. Even so there are some things you can do to make it look better. The simple thing to do is drill out some of things like the barrel, the forward site, and the cooling sleeve. Painted it Model Master Exhaust first. Dry brushed with Model Master Gunmetal and silver. Didn't turn out too bad.

DSC05847~0.JPG

DSC05849~0.JPG

DSC05850~0.JPG

DSC05851~0.JPG

DSC05852~0.JPG

DSC05853~0.JPG

DSC05855~0.JPG

DSC05858~0.JPG

DSC05859~0.JPG

DSC05860.JPG

:)

One thing about bad weather it allows for bench time. I have started to paint the crew figures and I am still adding stowage here and there. I'm nearing the finish line on this one.

DSC05866.JPG

DSC05867.JPG

DSC05869.JPG

DSC05870.JPG

DSC05871.JPG

DSC05872.JPG

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was already finished! I know you're going to surprise me yet again by taking this model further than even I can see. I wish my models looked half as good as your 'unfinished' ones do! Keep it coming Terry!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was already finished! I know you're going to surprise me yet again by taking this model further than even I can see. I wish my models looked half as good as your 'unfinished' ones do! Keep it coming Terry!

Not much further to go...not much further.

Thank you for your comments.

Ok I'm calling this one done for now. I have added a second crew figure and another piece of stowage. I have added the last few parts (headlight lens, tail lights, and antenna). Did some paint touch up here and there. Now I will set it aside and look at it for a while and try and see any errors. But in the mean time here are the finished pictures. Thanks for following along.

DSC05873~0.JPG

DSC05874~0.JPG

DSC05875~0.JPG

DSC05876~0.JPG

DSC05877~0.JPG

DSC05878~0.JPG

DSC05879~0.JPG

DSC05880~0.JPG

DSC05881~0.JPG

DSC05882~0.JPG

DSC05884~0.JPG

DSC05885.JPG

DSC05886.JPG

DSC05889.JPG

B)

The gunner's gaze...looks like he's looking off in the distance, like at a landmark or something.

It's fantastic Terry!! :notworthy

The gunner's gaze...looks like he's looking off in the distance, like at a landmark or something.

It's fantastic Terry!! :notworthy

Either that or he his bored stiff. :rotf That picture is bad. I need to retake some them because they are out of focus.

Thanks!

He looks like he's thinking 'Lost again?'

Superb work. Things like the broken spare drive sprocket really add so much to the look, but the treatment of it and the stowage is beautiful.

Really nice, Terry!
Great job on the figures. The stowage looks very nice (realistic/settled/ tied down) as well.
Lots to look at - It kept my interest.

Cheers, :notworthy (y)

Bill

He looks like he's thinking 'Lost again?'

Superb work. Things like the broken spare drive sprocket really add so much to the look, but the treatment of it and the stowage is beautiful.

Thanks!

Really nice, Terry!
Great job on the figures. The stowage looks very nice (realistic/settled/ tied down) as well.
Lots to look at - It kept my interest.

Cheers, :notworthy (y)

Bill

Thanks Bill!

Great job Terry!

Your figure painting skills have really improved! Both figures are great!! And, what's not to like about an M4A3E8? Especially one that is done well!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Great job Terry!

Your figure painting skills have really improved! Both figures are great!! And, what's not to like about an M4A3E8? Especially one that is done well!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Thanks Bob! Some of my pictures were not very good so here some that are better.

DSC05897~0.JPG

DSC05904.JPG

DSC05905.JPG

DSC05906.JPG

B)

Back