• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A3 75mm Late

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Tamiya M4A3 kit, added the extra armor from an old DML kit. I also add the cheek armor

036_20100110_1485140155.jpg

037_20100110_1733760166.jpg

Hi Sherman18

Man you have got your head deep in the shermans

A lot of work ,they're lookin good.

Michael :)

Hey S18
This is a great start... I have the same kit in a slightly more advanced state, c/w thickened cheek and PE etc. I do like the uparmoured option of the cannibalised glacis plate and the late stowage box. Where'd the box come from? The turret casting txture looks spot-on...
Brad

Thanks for the comments guys.

Brad - I made the box out of styrne

Rudi - For the casting texture I use Testors liquid cement and 3M automotive spot putty.

Yes Moon Puppy Shermans for me are like Wildcats for you. :laugh: - I'm crazy stuck on them :silly:

Hi again Sherman :) .

I have always liked this old Tamiya Sherman. Even with the one or two little problems it has. To me it is the standard basic Sherman. And as far as being "crazy stuck" on Shermans. Try to make sure you don't have any crazy glue on your fingers when you pick em up :laugh:

Gary B)

Hi Sherman,

Another great start, just curious to see more about this one, don´t remember seeing a M4A3 with the glacis extra armour. Any special ideas for a painting scheme?
Keep them coming!
Cheers,

Juliano

My casting texture stuff

puttytip01_20100102_1902975634.jpg

puttytip02_20100102_1740349237.jpg

in the photos is the green putty, but I would really recommend the blue - it seems to work better for thinning. You can get it from any automotive paint store (here in the states)

Back