• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M25 40 Ton Tank Transporter "Dragon Wagon"

Some extra parts have started coming in :good:

DSC05679_zpsatllptrp.jpg

I love that kit, finished one not too long ago. Get it right, it will be stunning.

Word of advice with your permission - couple of hiccups from Tamiya, otherwise an awesome kit:

- the tires all have an annoying seam in the middle and they are rubber. I used a Dremel tool, the tire on my finger with the tool touching the tire. The tire was spinning on my finger, I was slowing it down to allow for the abrasive process to take place.
- The trailer has some ejector pins / marks etc you need to take care of, underneath though so that should be easy
- the rear wall of the cabin is a bit tricky to put in place, nothing too difficult
- the winches are a bit of a pain, think about how you want to capture the cables
- the oiling of the transmission chains - the Dragon was leaking oil all the way, this would make a very nice addition to the model. They even said the Dragon only needed to follow the oil leaks to head back home :D
- The two rear ramps - I struggled a bit with the stainless steel rods provided, they needed a bit of convincing before they were in place.

Apologies for the list above, trying to highlight some of the hurdles I had to face, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Laurence

Doesn't look like they bothered to clean up LCM 323 much, looks very well used. This is going to be a treat to see one day. :notworthy

Doesn't look like they bothered to clean up LCM 323 much, looks very well used. This is going to be a treat to see one day. :notworthy

I've been wondering why some look like fresh paint and others look like they have been well used. One naval officer account I've read stated that the LCM's would be unloaded in one area, used for a day, loaded back on the trucks, moved to another location and it would start all over again. That would make sense with the photos of the LCM"s facing one direction and others they face the other direction. It was also said sometimes there was no crane available to unload the boats so they would be pushed off the trucks and then to the water by bulldozers. With that information and take in that the roads are narrow, so narrow in some towns rows of homes and buildings had to removed (blown up or bulldozed) to make room for the trucks and boats to get though. The LCM's probably did get dented, scrapped and scratched.

found this nice color photo of a LCVP on the Rhine

23c9ecb5ee6c704eb1d3096b255318ba.jpg

found some pictures of 3rd Army at Rhine river bank with LCM's but no M25's in sight

operation-plunder.jpg

RhineCrossingRalph5.jpg

I know you noticed the two stars on that one LCM. Guess they wanted to make sure everyone knew who's side he was on.

Found a Youtude training video :good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOWS235dB-M

Now that I'm fully trained in the operation of the M25, I'm just waiting for some of the fancy parts to come in :D

The most interesting thing I got out of it was where the crew stands on the vehicle while operating the winches. :hmmm

No time to watch it but yeah, I guess they would want to know where everyone is, especially when the cable snaps!

Excellent Video Jeff ... Very nice little ditty in the morning ... lots of info contained within ... Thanks For Sharing :ro: :dude

Very interesting... Just watched a program on the History Channel about Vietnam & there was a segment on the Dragon Wagon which was also interesting.

No time to watch it but yeah, I guess they would want to know where everyone is, especially when the cable snaps!

If you're in the wrong spot when a cable snaps you could get cut in two if it hit you. It's amazing what a snapped cable can do whilst the ternsion is being released.

Cheers from Peter

If you're in the wrong spot when a cable snaps you could get cut in two if it hit you. It's amazing what a snapped cable can do whilst the ternsion is being released.

Cheers from Peter

No doubt!! I've seen some utube videos of arresting gear cables snapping on aircraft carriers they are very destructive!!

I was watching one of the UFO shows last night (Ancient Aliens or Hangar 1) and they mentioned a UFO crash in Kingman, AZ in I believe 1952? and under the cover of darkness, loaded the downed UFO onto a Dragon Wagon & onto a barge to cross the Colorado River & a cable snapped & the barge with the UFO laden Dragon wagon drifted down stream into the Hoover dam...

I was watching one of the UFO shows last night (Ancient Aliens or Hangar 1) and they mentioned a UFO crash in Kingman, AZ in I believe 1952? and under the cover of darkness, loaded the downed UFO onto a Dragon Wagon & onto a barge to cross the Colorado River & a cable snapped & the barge with the UFO laden Dragon wagon drifted down stream into the Hoover dam...

Now that would make a cool diorama (y)

Wouldn't it?! All ya need is a disc shaped UFO... :hmmm

Wouldn't it?! All ya need is a disc shaped UFO... :hmmm

Easy, get some childrens play dinner set

I have the Testors Area 51 UFO in my stash Jeff I'm thinking Eagle Quest winner if put some concrete paint on it for the dam damage .... :rotf ... I hope the Dam didn't break ... :woohoo: :eek:hmy: (y)

Back