• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lulubelle

Well then.... :bang head

I got some bench time in, thought I might have enough tracks built to finish both runs. Went to test fit, nice and snug around the drive sprocket. Road wheels are all still moving and they fit just fine. Tried to run the top run over the return rollers but didn't have clearance between the return rollers and hull. Why?? because the return roller is .5mm wider than the idler, road wheels and sprocket, the guide horns wil not fit over the returns.
Friuls will not work with this kit unless you thin the return rollers prior to installing. Which opens a whole new can of worms.

Going to the kit tracks.

Yikes, I never use Friulmodelismo tracks for any vehicle with live tracks so was unaware of this issue. The resolution is simple, remove the hull side teeth of the tracks and tack back on. I would probably not tack on the metal teeth but find some in styrene.

Regards,

I got a more simple answer. Kit tracks. Thanks for checking in Saul. Might have to find another early Sherman, will not be an Academy line, these tracks will work on since I invested so much effort in them.

I got a more simple answer. Kit tracks.

If you are not in a rush, I may spare a set of RHPS (or they might be the identical Panda Plastics) polystyrene tracks which you'd only need to cover postage. Let me know as I would need to gid them out to send them.

Regards,

3KDfb1N.jpg

if it's more construction I'll pass.

I guess you simply want to get her done!

Offer stands if the kit tracks give you trouble.

Regards,

Thanks for the offer Saul, let's get these kit tracks painted up and fitted and see what they look like. Not like I'm really pressed for time.

I lost a lot of time this winter because my heater issue down there. Feel like I can make up some time now. :soldier :soldier

Well then.... :bang head

I got some bench time in, thought I might have enough tracks built to finish both runs. Went to test fit, nice and snug around the drive sprocket. Road wheels are all still moving and they fit just fine. Tried to run the top run over the return rollers but didn't have clearance between the return rollers and hull. Why?? because the return roller is .5mm wider than the idler, road wheels and sprocket, the guide horns wil not fit over the returns.
Friuls will not work with this kit unless you thin the return rollers prior to installing. Which opens a whole new can of worms.

Going to the kit tracks.

Here's the most likely problem according to Cookie Sewell's review of the Academy M3 Lee kit.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca/kit_aca_13212.shtml

"The Lee kit's mounts with rollers on top (D47527 bogies) – as noted before some 2mm too high..."

Good luck and cheers.

Thanks Peter, that's in reference to the boggie assembly, they supply corrected parts now. What I'm talking about is the return roller being too wide to have the track fit over it.

Oh man...it's just one thing after another. Grousers.

for the longest time I wasn't sure what was stowed in the front track stowage then I ran up on that word. Sure nuff, they make them, you'll find that discussion back a few pages. Well the Grousers look great, you can even see how they would fit over the tracks for traction, and they fit.

They don't fit the EDUARD...EDUARD, :bang head track stowage part that came with their external PE set.

:bang head :bang head:bang head :bang head:bang head :bang head

Back