• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking For A 1/35 Scale Horse Collar

IMG_0086.JPG

After a replacement gasket, and a successful 45 PSI test, this is the TLAR 1/35 horse collar/Stowage set in progress.
I poured the last of my RTV Rubber mold maker, locked it into the Mirro and pumped it up. I put it under the picnic table to prevent collateral damage in case of catastrophic rupture. :pinch:
The material's reccomended pressure is 60 PSI. I'm hoping for good results at 60% of that pressure. :idonno
Stay tuned, as this project develops!
Mike started his Tamiya StuG III, :bat so I figgered I'd better shake a leg! :frantic

IMG_0088.JPG

Here's the Mold. A guy could cast the bottles & Lantern in clear resin. :hmmm
I'm calling the pressure test a success. :yipee
Time will tell how nice the pressurized castings are. :idonno Like maybe tomorrow! :bat

In case of collateral damage? Tell that to the picnic table!

I've seen that bushel of taters before. Good luck Chris :popcorn

It was collateral damage to my old, bald head I was most I was most concerned about. My Papa builds a stout picnic table! :eek:ldguy :ro:
This summer's chore will be pressurizing my castings in the great outdoors! Well, just my humble little corner of it anyway. :gogo :stinker :drinks :eek:ldguy :pilot

IMG_0113.JPG

So, why not cast the lantern & bottles in clear resin? Drill the lantern just so deep, a drop of Tamiya red/orange/yellow, to make it look like it's burning, perhaps. paint the body, Be a happy Guy!
I kinda got carried away with my Alum-a-lite, so there was some overflow. The clear resin cures a lot slower than my regular tan stuff does. It does respond well to pressure! :yipee

IMG_0116.JPG

LOOKEE!! Bottles & Lantern in Clear! :yipee :yipee
Bubble free USCG Point Class WPB! :yipee
The overflow made several other resin accessories that didn't need to be translucent. :smack
Lighted Christmas Horse collar? :gogo
I'm on a mission from Rick Raccoon! :frantic
Use all the tan resin before humidity spoils it! :bat

I make a double-decker for the pressure vessel. Now I can pour all the molds in the house, and pressurize ALL of them every other day.

Well, with the exception of the 1/700 Gaffney Peachoid. It's too tall for the double-decker.

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

The Set! With clear resin parts! In hindsight, I had some scale magnums of champagne I made up for another project. I should have cast as well. :facepalm
Another Day, perhaps. I used all the rest of my RTV rubber mold stuff on this big mold. :eek:hmy:
IMG_0121.JPG

Close-up!
This first set is Iron Mike's, since it was his idea. I'll be pouring resin like a Mad Martigan! Others will be available, with & w/o clear parts :yipee

Wow, I haven't heard a Willow reference since Ron Howard still had hair. :rotf

Rock on brother! :ro: :eek:hyeah

Here a go!
hf4e5bb3.JPG

1/35 Horse collar! Lantern & apple juice (?!?) bottles. The rest of the pictures show what else come in the Set!
hafb5307.JPG

h3ecb42f.JPG

hc1ff344.JPG

h3571cad.JPG

Yippee!! Only took another year to get another TLAR kit out!
Thanks to Brummbar for painting most of the stuff. Special thanks to Mike for his help with another of my cock-eyed ideas!!

Thanks You Men, for looking in!

I didn't do ONE special thing. All I did was use my gifts & talents to urgently (?!) meet the needs of my Brothers.
We Few. We Happy Few. We band of Model-dorks!! :bang head :rotf :drinks :dance :gogo

Back