• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Look at what I just ordered from Hannants

Frank

Well, call me crazy, but I just placed an order for this aircraft.
Everyone knows how I love these limited run kits.
"The EC-24A was a McDonnell Douglas DC-8-54F modified for fleet electronic warfare support missions. This single airframe (Bu 163050, ex N80480), acquired second hand from United Airlines, was used until October 1998 as an "electronic aggressor" aircraft with the Fleet Electronic Warfare Support Group [FEWSG] for electronic warfare tests." https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ec-24.htm
IMG_0193.JPG

Picture of it in flight.
Douglas EC-24.jpg

Oh wow! I envy you! Is this all plastic or did they give you a fiberglass fuselage and wings? This is so cool!!!

While I was employed at McDonnell-Douglas here in Tulsa we maintained the NKC-135's for the Navy. They would go out and run exercises with varied electronic pods, dependent on the mission, on the wing pylons. I was not aware of this DC8 in this configuration.
Jager

You could always tell a 707 from a DC8 when they flew over my house as a kid as the DC8 was always longer/Stretched. It was basically a little late and Boing was already developing the 747 by the time the DC8 was perfected i think.

While I was employed at McDonnell-Douglas here in Tulsa we maintained the NKC-135's for the Navy. They would go out and run exercises with varied electronic pods, dependent on the mission, on the wing pylons. I was not aware of this DC8 in this configuration.
Jager
Jager,
Where you able to get any pictures of the different pods and where they where mounted.
I am looking to do a NKC.
Thank you

How long do you think it will take Trumpeter to knock this kit off for half price with HILARIOUS instructions?
That Frank, he builds the most challenging model kits. I watch his feet for bullet holes, but none have appeared so far.

How long do you think it will take Trumpeter to knock this kit off for half price with HILARIOUS instructions?
That Frank, he builds the most challenging model kits. I watch his feet for bullet holes, but none have appeared so far.
Thanks Chris
Glad I can not aim very well.

Back