• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated September 02-17

OMAFA! Bob! Very cool! Having driven a Wrecker during my college years, I always have felt a fondness for Tow Trucks! ROCK ON Baby! :ro: :notworthy (y)

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps

That gives us something to look forward too , Bob

Thanks Paul

This thing seems to drag on forever!

Bob

B) that should add a nice touch Bob.

Thanks Ian,

I had a long look at the diorama and what I have done so far. There was this one spot that needed something. I first thought of a knocked out panzer, but, on measuring it, that would have been too large. Hopefully, this will work nicely.

Bob

:popcorn ...

Luiz.

Hey Luiz,

Thanks for looking!

Bob

OMAFA! Bob! Very cool! Having driven a Wrecker during my college years, I always have felt a fondness for Tow Trucks! ROCK ON Baby! :ro: :notworthy (y)

Thanks Rhino!

That Diamond T is one of my favorites in this diorama. I really like the way that truck was designed! It just looks mean! A Buddy of mine drove one while we were in the army back in the 50s.

Bob

:hmmm

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

Although the burnt Porche 356 made me a little sad. :(

There was that classic car dealer last month that burned down (Iowa?). I wonder if there was anything there that you could reference?

There was that classic car dealer last month that burned down (Iowa?). I wonder if there was anything there that you could reference?

Wow, that sounds like the perfect reference! I'll try and google it!

Thanks much!

Bob

I have finished all the major components and they are ready for a base coat. I'll do the interior with a flat black, the exterior will be Panzer gray, but, only here and there as most will be charred with Flat black, flat white and a lot of rust. I have always made rust by spraying with flat black and then, while still wet, I have some burnt sienna pastels along with raw umber sanded into piles on my sandpaper board. Then I use worn out brushes to dabble the powder on, mixing it with raw umber her and there for effect. I also use white pastels where the fire was most intense.

Don't look too closely as I never am concerned with the construction of a burned and wrecked vehicle. I use a lot of gizmology building a wreck. Where cloth and leather has burned away, you need to see the insides of the seats and door panels.

The first photo shows all the major components.

0~1.JPG

A couple of shots of the interior.

00~1.JPG

000~1.JPG

This is the angle that will be seen by the viewer when the diorama is complete. It will be about 18 inches from the viewer and can only be seen from this angle due to it's location on the diorama.

0000~1.JPG

It will simulate a German staff car hit with a recoilless rife round in the right side rear door, blowing it off and severely damaging the front passenger door. The entire interior of the car will be charred with the exception of a tiny area of the convertible top at the very rear on the driver's side.

The components to be assembled after the painting and charring process.

ggggg~0.JPG

Ditto.

gggg~0.JPG

ggg~0.JPG

gg~1.JPG

And finally, a shot showing the interior from another angle.

g~1.JPG

Till next time!

There is a lot of creative coloring and shading ahead, me thinks. :huh:

Back