• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LIVE RESIN German WW2 Helmets, Stahlhelm 42

reconron

Stumbled on these ones from Live Resin,German helmets in 1/35 scale.
I got to say,seeing these photo's from their site they look like the best resin helmets that I ever did see!

The chicken wire and the Bread Bag straps on them look very good IMHO.
I think some figure builders will be very happy to use them as replacement for styrene helmets.

lre35278-instr.jpg

lre35278-set.jpg

lre35279-set.jpg

lre35279-set1.jpg

lre35280-set1.jpg

lre35280-set2.jpg

lre35281-set.jpg

lre35281-set1.jpg

lre35282-set.jpg

lre35282-set1.jpg

lre35286-set.jpg

Find out more on the Live Resin website: http://live-resin.com/

Gr,Ron.

I truly can't believe that those are the actual 1/35 pieces and not the originals they are based on.

I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying I can't believe it. The second picture down looks like a repainted helmet. If that detail is in 1/35, I'm about to pass out.

I truly can't believe that those are the actual 1/35 pieces and not the originals they are based on.

I'll pass you smelling salts!

Look at the right helmet in the second image for LRE-35281. Note the green camouflage dots.
lre35281-set1.jpg

Now, look at the right helmet shown for LRE-35282
lre35282-set.jpg

Digitally painted CAD of what is to be expected in the resin product.

Regards,

Something to remember about those photos, they are not of actual product. They are computer generated from the 3D models they made for the high res 3d printer. Hopefully the resin product will be quite close to these visualizations.

They are kind of like the Eduard 3D pics of their BRASSIN products.

I have to admit that they really look good and the artwork for the paint, weathering, detail and camoflage is astounding. I wonder if they are going to do any 1/16 scale stuff as there is a growing segment building the BIG tanks.

The photos did bring to mind DMLs box art.

I guess my brain skipped over the color aspects as I focused on texture, especially the old paint roughness.

If you look at the strap on the photo Saul posted, the individual stitches are highlighted. It would be a tremendous feat to pull that off in 1/16, completely impossible in 1/35. How would you even attempt it? Dry brushing and washes? The physical limitations of paint thickness won't allow it in 1/35.

It's one thing to post box art of a figure by an accomplished painter, but there's always the chance that you could pull it off. It's not the case here.

I've always thought of the 3D renderings as misleading, but this is an extra step.

Back