• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Little Zero inbound

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Woo hoo, how time flies, I'm doing a Tamiya Zero in 1/48 scale. It will be oob because I don't have any aftermarket goodies and given only a month to complete, don't have time to find and order.

I'll have my start picture tonight.

I think it's this kit

but I'll have to check when I get the picture made

DSCF0175.JPG

I'm in...

It is the same kit I linked earlier. Already working on some shinny airframe alunimum for some of the parts and trying to figure out INJ Green and interior green.

It can't be the same kit, you linked to 1/32nd scale. If this is kit 61103, you will be very happy with everything. Tamiya sells an aftermarket pitot tube and gun set, about all it really needs.

Regards,

OPps...my bad, yes I have the 1:48 kit. The one that comes with four figures on the ground.

It is a great kit. Seriously, the only true time-saver are the Quickboost exhausts:

Click me to buy at Sprue Brothers...

Maybe the guns to save on drilling them out (but that is easier than the exhausts).

Regards,

Between this and the Tamiya paint, y'all are making it really hard not to put an order in.

I never mentioned these items (in stock at Sprue Brothers):

Nice selection and better quality than the decal sheet in the kit.

eduex258.jpg

Sold out

hodst48011v1.jpg

Sold out but REALLY worth getting!

Too bad these are sold out:

Regards,

Hey, I know what I needed for mine! Like I wrote, the model really does display the pride Tamiya took in recreating a famous Japanese fighter.

By the way, the stencil sheet is from HobbyDecal of Korea and truly worth hunting down.

In stock at Lucky Model and Free Shipping! They also have the QuickBoost exhaust in stock with free shipping.

Here is a review:

Waldron included some Zero placards in a set but they are probably super expensive if re-released by Roll Models.

Regards,

If I order from Lucky the GB will be over by the time it shows up. I got the voyager set for the 88 from them and it took most of 4 weeks to show up.

Sticking with what i can find at Sprue Bro.

Oops, I forgot about the Customs slow down! I just ordered the Centauro items.

Regards,

Just ordered 30 bucks worth of Tamiya paints and stuff. Knowing Sprue Brothers it'll be here Tues or Wend.

A small box was delivered to my favorite shipping location yesterday. Filled with these tightly sealed bottles of paint that sprayed like a dream. IJN Grey, Cockpit Green has been flowing from my airbrush and flowing well I might add!

I love the paint call out that Tamiya gives us for the cockpit, not sure how 100% accurate it is, I don't have any books on the Zero and given the time I got with this, not going to order one. But it looks like this is going to build up in a really nice bird. Studying my chipping options on this one.

Pictures are a comin'

Can't wait to see the pic's. I built the 1/32 version great model. The colors should be real close Tamiya has access to a real zero there in Japan on of the only ones left.

Terry ;)

That's the out of the box cockpit detail on a 1/72 kit?! I must have one!

That looks great MP. What are those three cylinders behind the bulkhead there?

Back