• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lewis Pruneau's Remagan Bridge shadowbox.

Lewis Pruneqau's Remagan Bridge shadowbox.

I met Lewis at the 2011 Omaha Nationals. I didn't know who he was. He was loading something bulky into his pick-up and I stopped to help. I couldn't bear to see a Man struggle. His Hindenburg shadow box was so big you went inside and sat down on a bench to view it. The old radio broadcast was playing from the unscheduled thermal event at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Absolutely COOL!
An interesting and talented Modeler! I was well pleased to meet one of the guys that inspired me as a much younger Child, in the flesh! Too late for Shep Paine or Tom Daniels. Monogram (anything) models are still among my favorites!

I have no expectation Lew would remember me. Please give Him my regards nonetheless.
Judging. Not unlike plumbing. Runs hot & cold.

Thanks for sharing, Bob! Heartfelt good well wishes to you!
:eek:ldguy :salute

Would love to see more photos, what's he doing with them? Getting published in a mag or something?

Would love to see more photos, what's he doing with them? Getting published in a mag or something?

Moon Pup, Lewis does not own a camera! He has always brought his dioramas to either me or Verlinden to photograph. I have some photos of his older work. For many years now, Lewis only does commission work for wealthy guys who collect his dioramas. Neither of us have photographed those. I could dig up what I have and post them. Verlinden moved to Riviera Beach Florida a few months ago, and I have moved to Springfield, Lewis has nobody to photograph his models anymore. I understand that Verlinden pitched thousands of his photographs that he used in his magazines and books when he retired. At least that is what I heard? What a shame if that's true! He gave Lewis all his model tools, paints and glues and references. He no longer models. Again, that is what I am told by mutual acquaintances.

I have something like tens of thousands of model photos on my computer. I'll see what I can find of Lewis' dioramas and post them as I find them. BTW, I have passed on all your comments to Lewis today.

Bob

Here is a picture of what is probably Lewis Pruneau's 1/32 B-52. It was given to me by a friend to which it is signed by Lewis. The photo which I photographed is about 3 feet wide in format.

IMGP42332000.jpg

Yes, that is Lewis scratch built B-52. I remember a photo of it where he stood it on wingtip in front of him. Wingtip to wingtip was 6 feet, it was almost as tall as Lewis! That is still in the SAC museum in Omaha. He gave it to them way back in the 1980s. Colonel Marvin Howell, a wing commander of S.A.C. and a good modeler himself, helped with the arrangements. He was a very good friend to both Lewis and me. He passed away recently. I have a couple of his aircraft models in the museum downstairs.

Marvin_Howell_January2C_2019_copy.jpg

Bob

Who isn't a fan of the BIG 4 :notworthy when it comes to dorama's......
(If you started model building in the mid 80's)

Here a nice video ........ mentioning the Remagen Bridge shadow box and B-52 in this :
https://www.pbs.org/video/wsiu-expressions-lewis-pruneau/

Here is a picture of what is probably Lewis Pruneau's 1/32 B-52. It was given to me by a friend to which it is signed by Lewis. The photo which I photographed is about 3 feet wide in format.

IMGP42332000.jpg

1:32? :blink :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

IMGP42332000.jpg

I believe I saw this build way back in the '80's! It was huge and amazing! I went down to Soonercon that year which was an IPMS regional and it swept the goodies if I remember correctly.

The display was so big that it set in a corner all by itself. It definitely wasn't ignored!

IMGP42332000.jpg

I believe I saw this build way back in the '80's! It was huge and amazing! I went down to Soonercon that year which was an IPMS regional and it swept the goodies if I remember correctly.

The display was so big that it set in a corner all by itself. It definitely wasn't ignored!

Hey Paul, I talked to Lewis tonight! He said you were right! He entered that contest in Oklahoma back in the 1980s!

Bob

Thanks for the PBS video Pete! I wonder how Lewis would receive a phone call from an anonymous admirer?

Thanks for the PBS video Pete! I wonder how Lewis would receive a phone call from an anonymous admirer?

Rhino!

I called Lewis and asked him if it was OK to give out his phone number. I told him you guys were all nice people. He said that he is not home very often during the day, so he would rather you write him a snail mail.

If you are still interested:

[hide]Lewis Pruneau
302 South Fourth Street
Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
63670[/hide]

Bob

Hi all,

I had the pleasure at meeting Lewis at the Chicago show with his Hinderburg diorama or can I say experience It is the first and probably the last time I will actually sit in a diorama !!!!!

He is without doubt a top man and more than willing to chat about his work but I must say for a model legend he is the most humble man and shrugged his shoulders when I heaped praise upon him

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hi all,

I had the pleasure at meeting Lewis at the Chicago show with his Hinderburg diorama or can I say experience It is the first and probably the last time I will actually sit in a diorama !!!!!

He is without doubt a top man and more than willing to chat about his work but I must say for a model legend he is the most humble man and shrugged his shoulders when I heaped praise upon him

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hey Andy!

That was definitely the Lewis Pruneau that I have known for forty years! Wonderful guy! I've sat in that contraption myself! Incredible, isn't it?

Bob

"Oh the Humanity, Ladies and Gentlemen. I can't talk anymore............."
Absolutely amazing!
I will be writing Lewis a letter. He deserves to know about the impact his models have made on younger (?!?!) model maniacs!!
:eek:ldguy :salute :ro:

Another great diorama from Lewis but so sad to hear the rest of the story:(

As you know Bob he has always been a one of my favourite diorama builders, so please say hello from me!
I met him at Mastercon 2 in 1993 and had the privilege to speak with him for some time. As I have mentioned previously his U-BOAT diorama was my personal inspiration for years and the driver behind creating my own diorama.

A true legend!

Ian.

Check out today's Deal Of The Day at Sprue Brothers. B)

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ver0007.htm

:drinks

Back