• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Great stuff Mark! I'll have to check out ebay for that B-wing...that's definitely on my want list.

What sort of Firefly stuff did you get?

Thanks Mike! I hope to get a second B-wing myself to build so I can pose it in front of my Comicon Exclusive box.

As for my Firefly acquisitions; I got a graphic novel which is the most recent installment on the continuing post-movie story called "No Power in the 'Verse". I also got two more Firefly books: one is called "The Firefly Handbook, the Official Crew Members Guide to the Firefly-Class Series and Ship" and one called "Firefly Serenity"; it's a guidebook all about the ship, the crew and the 'verse. "Firefly Serenity" included a 3-D wood model of the ship in laser cut wood sheets. I also got a deck of Firefly playing cards which include 'gambling I.O.U's' like the ones in the TV show. In this deck there's a surprise if you place certain cards together just right!

Aside from that, I got a "Shiny" pin which went on my Comicon lanyard, and a coffee travel mug with the "Serenity" ship etched on it.

Later I may post that wooden model here once I build and paint it. We'll see.

Nice score Bob! I'll be looking forward to seeing that one.

Latest Acquisitions

Dang Mark … You sure scored big time congrats !!! .. :ro: :dude .. I'm sure you'll have all these started & complete in about 3 months …. Better start getting some more soon … :soldier :soldier :soldier

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Gerry. Yeah, I might get them done in four months actually. I'm taking my time so I can save more money for replacements.

Latest Acquisitions

I got some more odds and ends. Some antennas for my Pz III army and some tracks for my Pz IIIJ.My son got me an Orc Woman figure so I needed some Orc paints and then I got some things for my modern trucks. Ratchet straps and jugs. I also got a new book that has just been released on the Albatros D.III and D.V/a. It looks interesting and has a history, some 3 view drawings and 3 builds. Two are WNW and one is Eduard. And finally I broke down and gave in to the temptation and got the new takom Bergepanther A. WOW what a kit.

hfb958ed.JPG

hc296383.JPG

hb85a323.JPG

h94ed17b.JPG

Of course I finally also gave in and ordered the new WNW Albatros. I also ordered some books and if you are going to do Richthofen's birds I would highly suggest looking into them. When they arrive I can let everyone know about them but based on other books in the series they should be worth every penny. They are found here.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1935881426/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
514O1%2B-udgL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

and
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1935881434/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
51nnMogxapL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Picked this up on sale at Sprue Brothers the other day...

h9772247.jpg

And this beastie showed up for me to review...better invest in the Alclad II stocks ;)

he289b42.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Love the USS Defiant. I have all the 1/2400 Enterprise kits under construction.

Latest Acquisitions

Love the USS Defiant. I have all the 1/2400 Enterprise kits under construction.

It really looks to be a sweet little kit. It is a smidge over 6 1/2 inches long and much more detailed for it's size than the earlier and bigger AMT offering. It could easily hold it's own against any of the early Enterprise models in 1/1000 and probably even an Excelsior or B Enterprise.

This kit is also done where it could be lighted nicely. Now I need to hunt around and obtain the Deep Space 9 DVD set. Never did get to watch all the episodes.

I also believe there is a 1/1000 Klingon Bird Of Prey either just out or soon to be out.

Latest Acquisitions

My new .07 needle, tip and cap came in for my Grex. Now it should be much easier to paint larger surfaces.

IMG_4042_zpsy4diktgq.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

The new books on Richthofen are in. Great books and if you are doing any of his aircraft I recommend them. First volume and a half are his victories. Each victory is detailed and there are pictures and a colour plate of his aircraft. They have pics of the aircraft and pilots involved. The last have of the second volume is more history and bits and pieces.
514O1%2B-udgL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51nnMogxapL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Those books look really interesting James!

I may have to pick those up!

Bob
If you are interested in WWI aviation this is a great publisher. I have a few books now and none have been a disappointment. As for these in particular from what I have seen today they are fantastic. I now have an idea for my Roland C.II and I have info for my Albatros fighters and Fokker Tripe. Well worth the money imho.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Those books look really interesting James!

I may have to pick those up!

Bob
If you are interested in WWI aviation this is a great publisher. I have a few books now and none have been a disappointment. As for these in particular from what I have seen today they are fantastic. I now have an idea for my Roland C.II and I have info for my Albatros fighters and Fokker Tripe. Well worth the money imho.
James

Thanks James, I have always had an interest in WW I, especially the aircraft. I may pick up a few of those for later. I have to focus on the diorama I am working on. I never start anything new until I have finished what I am currently working on. Those books sure look good!

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Well, I did get a few things, nothing much. I didn't really have time to sit at the bench but did manage to sneak in some time to sketch something on a T-shirt...
DrawnShark01.JPG

DrawnShark02.JPG

Not pleased with the nose and tail but it was done in less than 15 minutes...

Bought some items for my Fencer (72nd scale):
Eduard73539MasterModelAM72107x2.JPG

AmigoAMG72020AMG72022.JPG

I also bought this for my old Erla (Type 110 cowling) but after getting it, realized it is simply copies of Hasegawa's parts with the wing adapted to fit the Revell/Monogram kit. Oh well, it was only $23.50USD shipped:
KMG10Erla01.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Saul, I saw this in Phoenix at the Nationals and just had to shoot these pics for you:

2018_IPMS_USA0377.jpg

2018_IPMS_USA0378.jpg

I don't remember this gentleman;s name, but I do remember him telling me they don't make this shirt anymore. I thought you'd get a kick out of this though.

Latest Acquisitions

Not really a kit, but will be used to take pics of said kits.......does that count?

Not the newest, but fine for a first digital camera, came with standard lens, 75-300mm zoom lens, wide angle/macro lens, close up kit, lens filters, tripod, & two types of flashes (in addition to internal flash)

Now I just have to figure out how to use it!!!

ha906411.jpeg

hce9333c.jpeg

Latest Acquisitions

That camera has more features than you will ever live to learn. I am still learning new things with mine. Nice kit.

Latest Acquisitions

Wow, that is one impressive camera rig man! You should have a ton of fun with that! Way to go and congrats on the great purchase.

Back