• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

You know I have not opened any of them. :hmmm

I'll tell you tomorrow. I'll look while I fiddle with the 32

No, I can wait... better not to lose track and get distracted. Just don't listen to me as I have ADD and need to complete something this year.

Regards,

Today, found this little do dad on the purch. Its theNautalus F-4 jig! NICE. It will get a work out. I have 2 in the stash......Harv :evil_laugh:
100_2516.jpg
(y)

Where do you buy such toys... Macy*s? Obviously this is the the 1/32nd scale Phantom II.

Regards,

What nice additions to the stash! The M4A1 Direct Vision hull and the El Alamein seem to be the same kit with different markings (perhaps sand shields on the latter). Are the tracks different? The Mk III in Sicily comes with the WE 210 tracks?

Regards,

Hit it on the head. They are the same kit in plastic. Markings and PE are the only thing different. Some nice looking I/dog bone track in the Mark III

The New Revel 1/32 Arado196-A3 and Some AFV Churchill tracks and Alpines 2 British crewmen with puppy arrived.

churchill.jpg

AR.jpg

Yee haw.

James

I did get this for a quick review on another site...
MiniArt36042.jpg

The review will appear here as well to explain my approach to vacuum-formed kits (some of the old timers will remember Tonda Vacs from (then) Czechoslovakia). This photograph was taken with my ANCIENT Sony Mavica PD-95 which records to a floppy disk. I had to buy a USB FDD to upload the image off the FD.

I never did post this acquisition. I found the decals to be over priced for what was received. I have yet to test them but the glossy sheen does not make me feel good about the results to expect.

DSCN0947.jpg

I got them for my Tristar Pz I, Bronco Sd.Kfz. 221, and Tasca Sherman Mk. V (M4A4). This photgraph was taken with my wife's Nikon S70... sucks for my purposes.

Regards,

Modeled by my cat Georgia are the Parabelums for my Gotha and the Spanduas for my Roland. Also got a riveter by MDC, but didn't take picture for some reason.

DSC01936.JPG

James

Sanding and polishing kit from Micro Surface
https://micro-surface.com/index.php
[ul]
[li]Micro-Mesh Sheet Variety Packs [/li]
[li] [/li]
[li]Polishing Swabs [/li]
[li] Size 3"[/li]
[li]Craft Kit for Model Makers & Hobbiests [/li]
[/ul]

Resharpened drill bits from Drill Bit
http://drillcity.stores.yahoo.net/

5 pack of wire size #82, 80 - 75 to replace the small ones i've broke already.

And Mr. Surfacer from Spruebrothers.

I got one thing to say about that, why after 4 years on the internet modeling community, have I just heard about Mr. Desolved Putty? I worked on some spots on the Bone with it and can see how much time i'll save filling in sink holes and ungodly seams. Can't wait to get working with that stuff!

Well, you never asked me about dissolved putty, but luckily you did mention making a purchase from Sprue Brothers!

Regards,

I never knew to ask, never heard of it. :bang head slowly

BTW, the Micro Surface folks, you all need to check them out. Some great sanding and polishing stuff, one stop shopping, I'm hooked up one sanding stuff for a while now.

I bought that Micro-Mesh stuff when I was into (ahem) car models. Works great to polish aircraft for NMF.

Regards,

I just heard about Mr. Desolved Putty? What? Someone sells desolved putty, what will they think of next. I just mix M3 blue spot putty with testors liquid cement 50/50 give and take. I thought I was making some secret stuff.

I used to put sprue scraps (from soft styrene kits like Airfix, AMT/Ertl) into a jar of Testors liquid glue and make my own liquid styrene. Messy but nice. Use the wrong styrene and it would not harden for days!

Regards,

Okay gang my Gotha GIV just arrived in the company of a Roland D VIa. WOW this is awesome. My books came also. Just 1 more book some buckles seat belts sanity and patience to come.
First impressions though are:
1 This is a big box full of cool plastic
2 When holding the wing sprues together OMG what have I done
3 This kit is the best I've ever seen
4 while thumbing through instructions and seeing the rigging OMG Are you insane James?????

I'm still in shock and awe

kit.jpg

Roland.jpg

book1.jpg

book2.jpg

James

James, have you seen this?

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/50953-windsock-wnw-gotha-g-iv-special-no-1-limited-edition.html

James, have you seen this?

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/50953-windsock-wnw-gotha-g-iv-special-no-1-limited-edition.html

Yes, I looked on the Windsock site by accident on the weekend and saw it. Ordered it and if it takes as long as the other books should be here in a week. Wish they had of mentioned it when I did my original order though.
James

Congrats James! Man I'm envious, the one WnW build I have was a joy, wonderfully engineered and enough detail to work but also a great deal that can be added. Either way it builds up great.

I think I'd do the Roland first. If nothing else to get the riggin' experience behind ya.

Back