• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I love the jungle patrol set. The British officers all look as if they have stiff upper lips :woohoo:
How does the Middle eastern Diorama set look inside the box?
And I would love an inbox look at the tanklet.

Latest Acquisitions

The British officers all look as if they have stiff upper lips

Don't they all have that? always thought the brittish officers looked that way :D

Hope the trouble in Ukraine won't affect Masterbox and their new releases!

//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

How does the Middle eastern Diorama set look inside the box?
And I would love an inbox look at the tanklet.

The Middle Eastern Diorama is full of vacuum formed and injection molded polystyrene. A look inside will come later.

For the tankette, look on the Home Page or here then!

That mini-Tank looks cool!

It is cool and, according to my wife, cute!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

I use the Hobby Knife when I glue something on crooked and have to remove it for re-gluing. That's usually when it happens. Otherwise, I do exactly as you've described. I always seem to glue something on crooked because a part slips just as the CA glue sets..... :facepalm

Then you should stock up on Debonder. Acetone (nail polish remover) works well.

Regards,

Good advice. My wife gave me a bottle of Nail Polish Remover some time ago; she gave it to me since she never wears nail polish.

Nice scores too. I have a few birthday presents to myself I will be posting soon.

Latest Acquisitions

TA_89777_package.jpg

it_2675_title.jpg

104557-10244.jpg

dragon_35_brummbar-mid-boxart.jpg

Plus, the Lion Roar set for the Tamiya JGSDF LAV, all at Valleycon.

Latest Acquisitions

I thought I had already posted this yesterday. Somehow it didn't take.

Nice scores Chuck! I remember all those.

Yesterday I went to the Pasadena Valleycon with plenty of birthday money in my pocket.

Now here are all my "birthday presents" that I got for myself at Valleycon. Man, I love having a model contest after my birthday!

First off, all these stowage sets from Value Gear. All these are in 1/72 scale:

General sets of boxes, tarps, packs, fuel cans and drums:

LA_Value_Gear_II.jpg

More general sets:

LA_Value_Gear_I.jpg

German Truck Bed Loads:

LA_Value_Gear_German_Trucks_I.jpg

Allied Truck Bed Loads:

LA_Value_Gear_Allied_Trucks_I.jpg

My apologies for the blurriness here. If you want better pics, let me know.

Now here are the troops those supplies are for, LOL! I got these guys partially for display and partially to reinforce my wargame armies:

LA_Reinforcements_I.jpg

I picked this up for a song. I think I'll build it alongside two other boats I have:

LA_RAF_Rescue_Launch_I.jpg

This is the second of two Nord Noratlases that I have now. I plan on making one French and one German:

LA_Nord_Noratlas.jpg

And finally, I just couldn't resist getting this. It is close enough to 1/72 scale and besides, it is different enough that I just wanted to have it:

LA_Mel_s_Drive_In.jpg

That's all I have for now. I also have some progress pics to post later so stay tuned to my Maddog Manufacturing Threads.

Latest Acquisitions

Resin and decals ordered from Ultracast.

From Ultracast P-51 Tube Frame seats, P-47 Round & Square back seats.
Ultracast_48016_Product.jpg

Ultracast_48017_Product.jpg

Ultracast_48202_Product.jpg

From Red Roo, CAC PR CA-18 Mk 21/23 conversion, resin CAC style seat, props and camera port and markings for 4 different airframes
PRMustInstr.jpg

RedRoo_RR-R48139_Product.jpg

From Red Roo, CAC CA-18 Mk 21/23 Target Tug conversion, resin CAC style seat, props and wheel, PE fret for the tow frame and serial number decals for 5 airframes.
RedRoo_RR-R48148_Instructions1.jpg

RedRoo_RR-R48148_Product.jpg

From Red Roo, decals fot the 453 Sqn Spitfire IXc everybody wanted to get a picture taken with.
RedRoo_RR-D48019_Instructions.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

Did get my package from Grandt line! :D also picked up the 57 to possibly part out for the Hot Rod II campaign

DSC09071_zpsba6cd86b.jpg

DSC09073_zps534cbcd9.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

I was recently approached to review a book and it arrived. All I can say is WOW :yipee
What a cool book. Review shortly.

DSC04328.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

And finally, I just couldn't resist getting this. It is close enough to 1/72 scale and besides, it is different enough that I just wanted to have it:

LA_Mel_s_Drive_In.jpg~original

Duke!!! I love it!
now you need the cars to go with it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBI0p5OGlDw

Latest Acquisitions

I thought I had already posted this yesterday. Somehow it didn't take.

Nice scores Chuck! I remember all those.

Yesterday I went to the Pasadena Valleycon with plenty of birthday money in my pocket.

Now here are all my "birthday presents" that I got for myself at Valleycon. Man, I love having a model contest after my birthday

LA_Mel_s_Drive_In.jpg

That's all I have for now. I also have some progress pics to post later so stay tuned to my Maddog Manufacturing Threads.

I always thought that HO was 1/87 scale? Isn't that a fair bit smaller than 1/72 scale? One inch has a 15 inch scale diffrence which is over a foot. Is HO and 1/72 realy compatible?

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

LA_Mel_s_Drive_In.jpg~original

Duke!!! I love it!
now you need the cars to go with it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBI0p5OGlDw

I do have a couple 1/72 scale cars and trucks that could potentially go in front of this. Still, I would love to get the rest of these cars if they only made them in 1/72 scale!

I always thought that HO was 1/87 scale? Isn't that a fair bit smaller than 1/72 scale? One inch has a 15 inch scale diffrence which is over a foot. Is HO and 1/72 realy compatible?

Cheers from Peter

Yes, American HO is 1/87 scale. I'm hoping that this is 'different' enough so that the scale difference ain't as noticeable. If it is, then I'll still keep it and hope that I can get an HO scale layout to put it on. It is such a unique and iconic building that I really wanted to have in my collection.

Back