• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KV-2

Ok gang I’m in with this. I know it’s a snap kit but I will glue it. Thinking of this in white-wash, may create a small base for it while I’m at it!
E38E6613-6423-43DA-BB5F-67EFBA391F1E.jpeg

OK so heeeere we go! First up, proof that I did not start this until March the Oneth:
aGLjVKY.jpg

mMtbMEV.jpg

As you can see, there are only two trees of sprues:
gIPRgVl.jpg

Eric, I was wrong, this is a bit larger than your thumb, but still quite small. Here is something for reference:
4WcdQh3.jpg

So this is a snap together in that the parts just basically slide together and use plug/posts and holes. I noticed right away that this model had a good deal of flash, and the plug/posts seemed long. So I went thru and methodically removed a small amount from each plug, and this made the whole model fit together quite well! Just cleanup, test fit, and glue. Along the way I noticed that the turret had super smooth, shiny plastic, so as I worked I roughed up the smoother surfaces a bit. I also used a candle and a clipper to damage the fenders. Here is the end result, really off to a great start me-thinks!
wZadsQJ.jpg

VNNuBVr.jpg

fEMxU2P.jpg

And here we have the front. There is no hull MG but I think I may add it. Also, the tracks do not have good detail on the front, so I'm thinking some mud will be in order. otherwise, It's really not a bad kit for less that $15 USD dee-livered
cpYssPW.jpg

Last edited:
OK so here is where it currently sits. When painting the Zvezda T-62A, I went ahead and did some similar light moderation this little guy, along with a pin wash as well. I also went ahead and painted the tracks and the running gear. Tracks are the weak point, and I plan to "mud" them soon enough, hence the lack of extreme detail paint here.

I have to say this little guy sure is looking good and wow am I ever enjoying it!

U9WFGxV.jpg

T236X6i.jpg

8Ur0q83.jpg

OK so here is where it currently sits. When painting the Zvezda T-62A, I went ahead and did some similar light moderation this little guy. I also went ahead and painted the tracks and the running gear. Tracks are the weak point, and I plan to "mud" them soon enough, hence the lack of extreme detail paint here.

I have to say this little guy sure is looking good and wow am I ever enjoying it!

U9WFGxV.jpg

T236X6i.jpg

8Ur0q83.jpg

Dinky! you going to keep weathering it? :soldier
Yes! My idea is to whitewash it.

QUESTION: If I wanted to make a snowy scene for this, how could I simulate 1/100 scale snow? Salt?

OK so here is the first pass of whitewash. I like it so far. I used artists oils from Hobby Lobby so plenty of time to adjust this to be more to my liking. Think I'll take a bit more off the engine deck, then I can do the same to mud and weather, made add a final pinwash to round it out
wuDkJP1.jpg

1yW1HOO.jpg

l2QSRVp.jpg

SQ3Q3gN.jpg

PksnhYZ.jpg

And here is the first pass at weathering. The mud effect is too heavy so going to let the artists oils dry a day or so, then go back & work lighter tones into it. Coming along nicely though I do say
xwaMwby.jpg

dYwd08K.jpg

qu8ZMHE.jpg

dYwd08K.jpg

Back