• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/12/ Update

Swordsman

Ok I decided to do this one looks like a great kit ... Ki-109 Mitsubishi Japanese Army Experimental Fighter ... :pilot

h3d6207e.JPG

Start photos ...

he728b77.JPG

h714fc82.JPG

h2e91cfa.JPG

hd940ccf.JPG

I'll start this tonight ... but I'm opening the bags now .... :woohoo: :pilot :good:

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter 1/72 ARII

That should be interesting . Should be good for painting skills :popcorn

Most likely a repopped LS kit .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian ... Not too sure of the origin ... Looking at the kit lots of detail ... only twelve instruction steps ... The paint I'll need to get a regulator for the AB or a Grex if I do the mottle ... Yes It would be a first for Me ... :pilot

I made a little progress on the pit ... but new computer doesn't have a SD port so since I'm at work so I don't have the right cable to hook the camera to the computer ... I'll go check next door in the puter stuff ... Nope no joy ... New photos will have to wait until tonight ... :( :idonno

:hmmm Interesting.

:popcorn

Very interesting design. Following closely. :popcorn

Ian.

Very interesting design. Following closely. :popcorn

Ian.

that's pretty unique!
Good luck on that camo!

Thanks fellers there were only about 24 of these made ... it was to combat the B-29's, while doing High altitude bombing ... with the 75mm cannon it could stay out of their gun range. But then the 29's switched to low altitude night bombing and they were ineffective at night.

Ok started with the pit floorboard ...

h0337ee3.JPG

h07ac14d.JPG

hb284f19.JPG

I did all this this morning ... I'll see what I get done after tonight ... :popcorn

That's an interceptor? Looks more suited for a medium bomber. :popcorn

This was based off the Ki-67 ... (look Familiar?)

haf1e52b.jpg

The Japanese had big plans for this airframe ... their was also a radar & searchlight version ...

Thanks fellers for tagging along ... I plan to get more done tonight after I get My Honey do list complete ...

This was based off the Ki-67 ... (look Familiar?)

haf1e52b.jpg

The Japanese had big plans for this airframe ... their was also a radar & searchlight version ...

Thanks fellers for tagging along ... I plan to get more done tonight after I get My Honey do list complete ...

The Peggy sure had some graceful lines . They made it ugly in the transformation :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

That's an interceptor? Looks more suited for a medium bomber. :popcorn

The Ki-67 had a comparable bomb load to the B-25, B-26, and A-20, but had significantly better performance in all categories.

This maneuverability resulted in the Ki-109 experimental interceptor that was originally created to be a night fighter. The first prototypes were designed to operate in pairs, with the Ki-109a incorporating a radar/reflector and the Ki-109b having two 37mm cannons mounted obliquely. This was just a project, though, and the production Ki-109 was a heavy fighter interceptor, with a fixed 75mm cannon in the nose and a 12.7mm gun in the tail for defensive purposes. Twenty-two of these were produced before the war ended.

Maybe this will help ... the engines produced 1900 HP and she could fly at 342 MPH since there weren't any bombs just a Type 88 canon it was a Heavy fighter/interceptor ... to knock down the B-29's that were flying over Japan ... :pilot

Back