• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kenn Boreks Twin Otter

Hmmm, I'm feeling the urge to rush-out and buy a 'Twotter' and it's all your fault !! :good:

Ian.

Great work Uros.
For the ski check cables on mine I used nylon monofilament fishing line, run the tip of a Sharpie over it to colour them.

Thanks a lot everyone! Much apreciated.
I did all touch ups and now I'm working on skies. They're paited and need to be riged now. I'm not sure yet how to do this. Might do it the same as Stoneboat proposed.
Photos when I have something to show.

Have you received the decals yet Uros?
I recived an email a few days ago, that they were shipped. Should be here in next two weeks.

I finaly figured out how to do rigging on front ski. I used streched sprue to make bungee cords and elastic thread. This was a bit tricky to do, but I'm happy with the result. Back up plan was, to make it the same as Stoneboat proposed.
20180323_214226_zpswp5hyhiu.jpg

20180323_222458_zps7m8tmsae.jpg

20180323_222608_zpsqr7qtbkw.jpg

Props are also done.
20180325_200038_zpsmcjp9hrw.jpg

All it needs now is decals, antenas and few other little bits.

Thanks for looking in!

Fantastic, Uros. (y)

I ship my models packed in the type of chipped foam you find in pillows. I add about 8 - 10 cm of foam in the bottom of the box, then place the model on the foam upside down so any shocks during shipment is absorbed by the wing structure and not the gear. Then I fill the box with more foam. I also remove the props and put them in another container in the box with the model. I've never had a model break using that method, including a fully rigged DH Moth I shipped halfway across the continent.

Those props must be mesmerizing in real life.
Well there's no missing them, but if you stare at one for a few seconds it becomes hypnotic.

Those props must be mesmerizing in real life.
Well there's no missing them, but if you stare at one for a few seconds it becomes hypnotic.
Would like to get a chance, to see this airplane in person.

Jim, I haven't figured out how to ship it yet. Your method sounds good, but im concerned for those antenas breaking of. I was thinking about fliping the model upside down, put it on foam, tie it down to the base, and reinforce the walls. Will have to do some more thinking.

Uros here's a shot of the one I did for Mike Herrfurth.

002_zpse5474e41.jpg

There's a whole mess of antennas on that particular airplane. I shipped it using the method I described - upside down in the foam - and all the antennas you see there except 3 were installed by me before shipping and they survived. The three not installed by me were the blade antenna over the rh cockpit door, the GPS antenna on the cabin roof right behind the center windshield post, and the third antenna on the left rear, above the cabin door. What I did with those, I drilled a tiny hole in the base of the antenna, inserted a short length of 28-gauge wire as a locating pin, then drilled a hole in the location on the model where it was supposed to go. Mike installed these three himself, with a little dab of white glue. I didn't want to take a chance with those three, but the rest survived no problem.

I think your method would work, provided you surrounded the model with the foam I use after you had it in the box.

Jim, I think I'll go with my method and add extra foam.

Decals have finaly arrived and went on emediately. They preformed without problems and I'm really satisfied with them.
20180404_203427_zpsbrlsvcwb.jpg

20180404_203245_zpscggyojee.jpg

I need to spray a coat of semigloss lacquer and add a few details, then this one will be finished.
Thanks for looking in!

Back