• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Leopard2

Here I go again trying my luck on a wingy thingy. I think it is called insanity. Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome every time. In this case me building an airplane and expecting to finish it and not having any or very little troubles. My record on planes is not very satisfactory in the first place. Maybe a 50% success rate. So hopefully this bird will help me to improve it.

Joe

IMG_1294.jpg

Well Joe, I hope this one works out for you.

Curious to see this one get built as I have one in the awaiting closet awaiting a good dose of courage.

Interesting bird for which I need more info.

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, unfortunately not very many were build. And whatever was built was used for anything from transport, to reccon-bird to bomber. There were even a cpl that were finished after the war. One in the Czech Republic and the other in France if memory serves me right.

Joe

i Know joe but there should be some pictures. We even brought one back to be studied '

Cheers, Christian B)

Rally ? ? ? I have searched Yahoo and Google both and have only come up with about six actual airplane pictures.

Are you speaking of model pictures ? If not , please point me in the right direction.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob, that's as many real pictures as I have ever seen . Thank you for sharing, that was actually helpful :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Keep at it and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Quite an interesting bird you've chosen there too. Will keep watching :popcorn
James

UPDATE 12/29/12: Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Here are the first progress pictures. I glued the horizontal stabilizer and the upper and lower wing halves together. There only a cpl small spots on the leading edge that need some filling. other than that the fit is pretty good. Next I started working on the cockpit and the interior. Its is very nicely detailed but once the bird is finished you won't see anything :( .But i take it as a good practice.One thing is for sure...this plane is big. Once finished it will be over 15" long with about 23" wingspan, and that in 1/72. Here are the first pics, enjoy.

Joe

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Re: UPDATE 12/29/12: Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Nice little cockpit, just give it enough to get buy and march on...:pilot

Thats what I probably do. One thing that bother's me about Revell of Germany kits though, is that they use their own paint numbers and descriptions. Makes it tough to figure out what some colors are supposed to be in FS or RAL/RLM colors.

There you go Joe .

http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/rmx/TES_Revell_Paint_Match_Guide.pdf

Cheers, Christian B)

UPDATE 12/31/2012 Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

I started painting the cockpit and the interior. Here are a cpl pictures. As Bob suggested I wont put much effort on the inside since hardly anything can be seen after the bird is closed up.

Joe

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Back