• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Very very cool Chuck. Again learning a new trick of the trade. About the weights though, while I do not claim to be an expert, my understanding of them is that they relieved some of the load off the pilot. Instead of the pilot having to make fine pitch adjustments these would automatically do it.
James

Very nicely done as always Chuck. Not exactly a smooth sophisticated looking piece of equipment.

Just leave it to the Italians for the sexy line and the Germans with the hammered out at the forge sex appeal :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Excellent work Chuk!!! :ro: I had that problem with s. black primer :S

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Thanks you, Allies! :drinks

I know I made up a detail pic on the prop jig- I'll post it soon. I just adapted a flying model adjustable jig I picked up years ago for my balsa free-flight planes. It got lost in the sauce when making jpeg versions of Photoshop files- it's likely still in the folder.

Cheers!
chuk

For years i made an item called a paint drying recorder...They say its as boring as watching paint dry :) well i made a machine to do it for you :)
BK3800.jpg

In my 36 years i made over 4000 of these indervidually by hand, every single part in this picture was made at the bench , lathe or press and soldering bench :)..anyway... the point is its a minute difference in thinners and mix between a paint that dries on your brush or never dries at all. I suspect that chuks paint never hardened.Sometimes an undercoat is all it needs to draw the various thinners out of the top coat.

Thanks, Paddy! What a fascinating job you had, there!

It's been a while- my life has been busy, with some ups and downs. I'm still at it- and I'll get that canopy done, by gum!

388_257.jpg

388_258.jpg

388_259.jpg

388_260.jpg

388_261.jpg

388_262.jpg

388_263.jpg

388_264.jpg

388_265.jpg

388_266.jpg

388_267.jpg

388_268.jpg

Fantesticularly masculine modeling!
^ not sure what this word means but am certain it is a compliment.

Regards,

Fabulous as always Chuck ! You're right fitting plexiglass enclosures are always challenging . (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

wow, oh wow, oh what lesson in excellency!

i always marvel at you plane guys how you keep the clear parts clear - never works when i try it, no matter what adapted trick i use ...

chuk = master of masters!

:popcorn

Thanks, Paddy! What a fascinating job you had, there!

It's been a while- my life has been busy, with some ups and downs. I'm still at it- and I'll get that canopy done, by gum!

388_257.jpg

388_258.jpg

388_259.jpg

388_260.jpg

388_261.jpg

388_262.jpg

388_263.jpg

388_264.jpg

388_265.jpg

388_266.jpg

388_267.jpg

388_268.jpg

It's been a while since we got a Chuck fix, I'm good till next week now. :zen

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks, er'body! I've actually gotten more done- I just didn't have the time to document the pics. I've laminated frames to go inside the main canopy around the escape hatch- can't just have a bare vac opening now, can we? I've also painted up the wheels, engine fronts and fans, and gotten a start on the props. Bits and pieces, bits and pieces. I think for my next project I'm going to build "nice" kit, with a simple, injected canopy and all-styrene and pe construction. Maybe an Eduard Hellcat? We'll see- there's a few other builds to finish....

Cheers!
chuk

chuk,
The fixes you did on the Ju 388 canopy are really interesting to watch. :notworthy

I hope before you start the Hellcat you will first build the Me 509! :)

Matrixone

Back