• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

joining Airfix Rubber Band Tracks?

Hey All

I was wondering if I could get some ideas on the best way to join the two ends of Airfix (and possibly other brands) rubber band type tracks?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Well,the 'old school' way is to use a heated screwdriver and melt both ends to each other if there are pins and holes in the Airfix tracks ends.
But I like to hear what others come up with.

Greetings,Ron.

I've seen staples used, then hidden under a road wheel, guessing you've tried the usual suspects like CA? Last set of tracks I heat welded just about burnt thru, makes me nervous to try it again! Hope you find your answer! :drinks

Thanks guys

Yea.. the heat method scares me for the same reason you mention, Mike. CA is more than likely going to be the way to go.. but if someone has a better idea, I'm also willing to give that a go. I think I'll stay away from the staple one though.. my stapler is pretty big.. and it isn't an overly big kit lol

For your supply tank? Please, KISS!
Keep
It
Super
Simple!

Borrow some thread and a needle and sew them together! Place at the bottom of the tank, cover or obscure with mud, leaning accessories, vegetation, use your imagination.

Regards,

For your supply tank? Please, KISS!
Keep
It
Super
Simple!

Borrow some thread and a needle and sew them together! Place at the bottom of the tank, cover or obscure with mud, leaning accessories, vegetation, use your imagination.

Regards,

Hey Saúl

Yup.. for the supply tank. That's a great idea. That is the most promising yet, and if done right, should stay hidden quite well.

Cheers

Rob

I've used CA glue, needle and thread with good results.
A short dowel rod with a piece of paper clip wire for the screwdriver
method. Heats faster, more control. B)

I'd guess you have all the answers you need. Just one thought though. If you sew the tracks dois in a loop cross loop pattern for best strength |X|.
James

I'm going to try the sewing thread method on my next project. By the way, try it with monofil nylon fishing line. It will be more transparent than regular thread. Thats what I'm gonna try.

Dave W.

Back