• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

James' stuff

Started the Tiger Models VBL a couple of days ago for some reason. I hope to start painting the interior this weekend maybe so I can button it up and do the exterior. Goes together okay. I think this is the most I've accomplished in a very long time.

h9eecd76.JPG

hd2a3d33.JPG

hc025cca.JPG

James

And another one trashed. I wont bother wasting anyones time with more posts. I thik its time to go through everything and start pricing it out. :bang head :angry: :(

Don't despair James. Work on the things you like, as you feel like it, at your own pace. I like to look at it this way; it is a model, they make more every day! I am up to my third Williams Bros. Douglas world cruiser, 3rd Tamyia Skyray, second Trumpeter Kilo sub, second airfix 1/144 737, second 737-800,(even switched from Revell to Zvezda) and there are several others. Not because I didn't like how they turned out, but because I screwed them up before I could finish them. Happens often, I just grab another box of plastic to torture, sometimes I win, more often it is a draw. The important thing though is up until the point I messed it up I was usually enjoying what I was doing, it kept me occupied and engaged and let me imagine what it could be, so while frustrating it was not a lost cause or something not worth doing. And there will always be the "next one".
Ernie

Sorry to see you had a FUBAR experience. When I sense one of those things coming on I tend to set the kit aside these days and ponder on the problem. It isn't always a total loss. I have learned a lot from fixing the screwups and one "rebuild" ended up being an IPMS Regional first place winner. You would have thought it a total loss when I put it back in the box but a year later I pulled it out and made a sows ear into a silk purse.

Switch to something else you are really wanting to do and enjoy it James. Occasionally ponder on what the issue is and think on how you might make it right. Don't fret about it and when you get the inspiration give it a try.

My Albie is being a bit trying, but I have learned a LOT from the problems and the next kit will go much easier because I fought with the Albie a bit.

You can do it (when you get ready) (y) :D

Back