• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT: - Finished.

Re: Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT - The load in back.

No problem Bill , tea first then glue , if you use glue first the tea won't soak into the fibers evenly .

I bet coffee would work also, don't ya think?

Thanks for the comments everyone! Much appreciated. (y)
Special thanks to you Cheyenne for the tea-tinting-tip. (I actually used a couple of dips in black coffee). :eek:hmy:
It worked out great I think. I won’t even use glue on it. I think it looks more natural loose.
Added the hoops on the bed, and the load slips in and out as planned. As my Dad says: “ The harder you work, the luckier you get”.

Thanks for looking.

On to paint,

Bill

Chev_8.jpg

Chev_7%7E0.jpg

v403

Re: Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT: More on the load in back.

Idea is fine...Execution,too...Well done Bill... :drinks

Re: Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT: Base paint and decals

Thanks //Mats and StuG!

Preshaded with grey (wider) and black (tighter) as I try to emulate the technique of a much more talented modeler who displays his art in this forum. :notworthy

Painted with Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan as base and then highlighted with base color + white.
Painted a few bits, and added the decals included with the kit in Australian livery. (The “Roo” decal was from Italeri's : Carro Armato tank kit for a captured version.)
Next step: Apply Future to protect the paint and decals, and then apply an oil wash and pinwash with oils.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

Chevy_8.jpg

Chevy_9.jpg

Chevy_10.jpg

Chevy_11.jpg

Chevy_12.jpg

Add/Edit: I find that it is a very fine line when I apply the base coat over a pre-shade. How much to leave? How much to cover? The pictures never tell the whole story. You know. keep at it!

Bill

v432

Hmm...that style looks familiar..(y)

Nailin' it Bill :popcorn

Thanks Bob and James!

I think it's going to "pop" when it gets scratches and a pin wash. We will see.
Thanks for checking in.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Sherm and Dave!

Little by little,

Bill

Hmmmm very nice! :popcorn

Terry B)

Thanks Terry.

A little progress.
Some oil pin wash and dry brush with Humbrol enamels.
I have been perplexed in the past on how to paint out the windshield wipers when they are molded into the clear plastic. I have failed when trying to freehand brush paint them, and it’s clear (pun) that any mistakes are hard to fix without messing up the clear part. I gave this a try. Burnish down some thin Tamiya tape and carefully cut he tape away and then dry-brush (so you don’t flood the cut joint and risk paint creep under the tape). I think it worked out pretty good. The close up pictures make it look much worse than it appears to the naked eye (thankfully). The junk on the glass is on the inside (it creeped in somehow).

Thanks for looking,

Bill

chevy_9.jpg
chevy_10.jpg

chevy_11.jpg

v521

Bill, that is AWESOME!! (y)
I never had the courage to go down the oil wash road with my 15cwt, but I'm thinking it will be worth it - You've brought it to life.
Now, I wonder what colour oil to use :hmmm Paynes grey? (mixed with some ochre?)

The wiper's look good too Bill :)

Re: Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT: A little progress

Man that looks nice. Really well done. Dont know what to say about the windows as they seem to be the hardest things to do. The WW came out nice.. Will have to try that. I dont know if it would be too difficult to maybe put thinned black on the wiper / window join to simulate the rubber or if that would cause more problems. Beautiful work all around though Bill (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks Terry.

A little progress.
Some oil pin wash and dry brush with Humbrol enamels.
I have been perplexed in the past on how to paint out the windshield wipers when they are molded into the clear plastic. I have failed when trying to freehand brush paint them, and it’s clear (pun) that any mistakes are hard to fix without messing up the clear part. I gave this a try. Burnish down some thin Tamiya tape and carefully cut he tape away and then dry-brush (so you don’t flood the cut joint and risk paint creep under the tape). I think it worked out pretty good. The close up pictures make it look much worse than it appears to the naked eye (thankfully). The junk on the glass is on the inside (it creeped in somehow).

Thanks for looking,

Bill

chevy_9.jpg
chevy_10.jpg

chevy_11.jpg

v521

Looking good Bill, wonder if some custom decals of dirty windshields would be in order? :soldier

Hey Bill this is a pretty cool little truck (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Re: Italeri Chevrolet 15CWT: A little progress

Nice work!

A tip for dirty glasses.

With a brush or airbrush, apply Vallejo Matt Varnish. Let it dry for some minutes and then retire the mask or remove as desired with a toothpick!

Just be careful and do not scratch the grass with the toothpick

Back