• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It snow !!!!

I ended up having to go to work last night, took me nearly an hour to get there. My normal drive time is 15 to 20 minutes.

snow2.JPG

Nice and sunny now. Between 6-8 inches here.

Iron Mike wrote:
I'm just under 8 miles from the SC border in NC. Friday PM was pretty dicey driving, we started getting rain in the AM, turned to sleet then snow by noon. Roads got ugly fast and loads of folks had the ditch rise up and smite them. Being a transplant (yankee), nothing new to me. B)

Yeah but there's only so much your yankee driving can do against the "Redneck: Hay Ya'll, Watch This" driver. Especially in the snow and ice.

Sounds like you're up around Rutherfordton or Columbus. Ya'll always get snow, we down here seem to be in some sort of vortex but if it snows in Atlanta, it generally snows here.

Grumpy, looks like the northeast got the worst of it, glad to hear you made it home OK!

MP, I'm west of Shelby (east of Rutherfordton) and yes, there's not much you can do when the Redneck spirit takes hold. Glad to have that stuff behind us (for now)!!!!!

bah! i just returned from the 3rd time clearing snow!

but from the inside it's a really beautiful sight i have to admit!

snow1_1_20091221_1923832714.jpg

snow2_2_20091221_1727727004.jpg

Those are some pretty shots you took, Laura! I don't miss the snow or clearing it AT ALL!
:S

Hey Glenn , do you realise how awesome the top photograph is ? the reflection of the lights from the christmas tree and all that snow . See a White Christmas is so contrasting with an Aussie reality as you can get :laugh: !

Jenny :kiss:

Kreighshoer wrote:
bah! i just returned from the 3rd time clearing snow!

but from the inside it's a really beautiful sight i have to admit!

snow1_1_20091221_1923832714.jpg

snow2_2_20091221_1727727004.jpg

Wow! Laura, that is the Bavaria I remember! Beautiful! I recognize your back yard!

Bob

These all are great pictures. Thing I like about snow pictures is I get to enjoy what you're seeing, but not the cold that you're feeling... BRRR MAN! :mpup

Massimo , Dave , Laura , [ hope I didn't forget anyone else's pics :blush: ], they are all beautiful snow pics .

Oooh la la ......

Snow and ice is the most beautiful , yet subliminally dangerous weather there is !!!

Massimo , I live on the Atlantic coast in south New Jersey , pine barrens . We're unofficially called Pineys by the touristos .......... which equals to hillbillys , rednecks , white trash etc. .......... when not fighting with each other we're a close knit group violently opposed to outsiders .......... except during tourist season when they bring their greenbacks to the shore to spend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johnny , give my best to Ann for a speedy recovery [ love you guys ]!!!!!!

Dave , your pics remind me of apartments I lived in , in Wallington !!! ......... well except for the missing mom and pop bars on all four corners of every intersection :lol:

Jenny , around here snow is kinda rare . We only get this kind of downfall once every five to ten years or so ....... too much salt air and water .
Snow around here is beautiful ............ yet it's kinda like dating a southern gal and being attracted to her accent with the " you all " phrase , ..........
after ten or twenty times hearing her say that you want to sucker punch her in the jaw ........... Married a gal down in Loozeeanna once , beautiful Dukes of Hazzard type gal , .......... but she didn't have one brain in her whole head .

Merry Christmas everybody , or whatever greeting or belief you have for this season !!!!!

Ya'all come back now , ...... hear .........

Back