• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IPMS Nats in Omaha

Art is always thought and emotion provoking, the best advice I ever heard was my grandmother's. She said if you don't like something, ignore it. Seems anymore, someone is offended by something, can't we just all get along? :v

Well Andy,....that's a tricky one!

I am not out to hurt anyones feelings,when I say;The crucifixion of J.C done
in modelform is pretty cool.

I AM REALLY SORRY,IF I HURT SOMEONE's FEELINGS!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
And I have respect for Christians!

I'm at a loss on how you could offend anyone by mentioning this. No apology is needed. :v

Bob,I know how fast people are offended,even here in the Netherlands,a rather 'open minded'country! :(

Mike;your grandmother was a wise woman!!!!

So the show is slowly coming to an end. Have to kill the time till about 8:00 or 8:30 for the award presentation to start. First reports say about 2500 models had been entered which makes it probably one of the top 5 Nationals. So far the show was run very smoothly.

Our club was awarded the "Chapter of the year" 2010 award for IPMS Region 5. I got my shopping done and had the chance to shot a few more pics. Besides from the show I also got some pics from an reanactment group that showed an M2/M3 halftrack, a Pak 35, M20 scout car, Kuebelwagen and a SdKfz 222.

I added the pictures to the previous link of the slide show.

Andy, I even got a few figure pics in.

Joe

Leopard 2,

Thanx for sharing th Pix ..... I've had My Head up a Tiger I AZZ for a few days & have missed quite a bit ! That Predator's Bust is Off-Th-Chain !! It looks real. I was expecting it to blink or sumtin' ! Even though I'm not much into Planes ... That TomCat exhibition was Cool ! I do actually Dig that Plane !! Thank God Tom Cruise didn't ruin that for Me !

The Crucifixion is a Nicely Done Vignette & RON - By you saying it's cool - Well I think that the Adults that frequent this particular Site know exactly what you meant !! I too thought it was Cool !! A lot of really cool Models ... I don't envy those Judges !

I found one thing puzzling though .... That Dio where the German HT's are gettin' tossed in th Ditch .. Is that th Tamiya Japanese Bulldozer ? & If it is .... WTH would the Ami's be using it in Europe ?? Just sayin' .....

Im just saying irrespective of subject matter should anything non armour or military related have a place in shows such as AMPS

This is NOT a religious statement but more of a curious question,...............

For example : I recently did a Pirate and a American Civil war figure if anyone remembers, now I wouldn't of taken those figures to an AMPS show due to it not being anything to do with the subject matter of an Armored vehicle,.. of course I would have taken my Military figures.

About this Andy - Being in AMPS & having been around the Judges & having the Head AMPS Judge in My Local Chapter - I would say " There is a Figure category, but It's mainly MIlitary ( WW I - Present , is what I've seen show up at th Contests) .... so perhaps Jesus' Crucifixion might get a Head scratch, but wasn't there a Roman Soldier there ? That's MIlitary .... I don't think any of that would get turned away from the International Convention or a local show for that matter .. It just might get some Head Scratchin ' & a couple of WTH's . .... But I even think those ChicagoLand Boys up there where you live would let your figures into th Show ... Pirates & all !! ..Does that answer your Question ...... :blush:

I'm lookin' forward to Leopard's next installment ...... Hey ..... there hasn't been a BoB Letterman sighting .... has it ?

:drinks

Well, Aimee and I survived. After taking advantage of some of the last day vendor deals (My credit card put me in preferred customer status for all the money they going to make of me), we had to wait until about 7:30 for he award presentation to start.
Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet up with Dad. I missed him by 5 minutes after he talked to Terry. But Terry has a picture of us two which with his other show pics he will post sometime next week. Unfortunately his DH9 didn't score but as I said earlier, the competition was tough. I know he scored with at least one of his models. I placed 2 3rd and one 1. place.

We had a great time and plan already for the next Nationals in 2013 in Loveland, CO. We won't go to the Nats next year in Orlando because it would for sure break our bank.

PS: The winner list included people from Taiwan, Brazil, and Canada besides the US.
Joe

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

Congratulations on your wins Joe! Sorry we didn't hook up. A question, do you know if Lewis Pruneau placed with that humongous shadowbox of the Hindenberg? He lives in the stix and just called to ask. We left before the banquet.

Bob

I really hope someone got some pictures of that Hindenburg!

Congratulations Joe. Well earned wins! :drinks:

Thanks guys. I am still trying to digest me placing. It hasn't quite set in with me. I don't know if Terry has pics of the Hindenburg. As I said earlier, there where about 2500 models and its easy to overlook even something as big as the Hindenburg. I admit I was just overwhelmed. Omaha did a fantastic job, well run show, nice facility. not more to ask for.

Thanks guys. I personally don't have any more pics but Aimee took some as well. And once I get sorted thru the doubles I will post those.

Joe

Back