• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Neptun's Kingdom ...

Kreighshoer

well ... with the little time i have for modelling, this small project was all i could do over the last week! most time was waiting time - 24h for each coat of glue (x2) and paint (x1) ...

... simulating a sunken ship is surprisingly easy and the effect quite convincing ... the photos don't do the wreck justice at all!

disclaimer: i do know that the blücher wreck looks completely different, i do know that the prinz eugen wreck looks completely different and i do know that the admiral hipper wreck looked completely different! this display should just be a fun project and resemble the effect of some years under water! ok?

The Simpsons - Under The Sea

bau1.jpg

bau2.jpg

sand1.jpg

sand2.jpg

sand3.jpg

sand4.jpg

aquarium1.jpg

finished1~0.jpg

finished2.jpg

The effect on the closeup looks great.

I only wonder how you will scale down the fishes for the aquarium or your wreck will be surrounded by sea monsters :)

thanks martin!

no fishes or anything else that poops in the water or else the water will become dull!

i will have to throw some debris into the water but that'll happen some time in the future, not now!

I really find this a fab idea! (y)
Too bad the camera doesn't do it justice.[Mr.Camera isn't my friend either]

So what did you use to get the texture on the ship? :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

interesting build Laura :) would also like to know how you did the texture on the boat.
did you add something to the water to stop algea growing in it?
a small research sub howering around with some small led lights would be cool :)
Hope you find more time to build your models, always nice to see them!
//Mats

Very nicely done effects! Is the sprue cutter in the photo prior to the effect being first show a key in the process? Do tell more!

Regards,

Very very cool (y) (y) (y) (y)
I really like this Laura. I'm surprised at how easy it seems to be also.
James

Excellent work!!! (y)

Where's the photo etch??? :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding!

;)

thanks for the kind comments!

saúl - the sprue cutter is a key in the progress - i cut away the parts from the sprue ( :D ) ... an old #11 is of much more importance to cut some holes into the hull and superstructure!

ron, mike - it's done like a 'wiener schnitzel' ... give the kit a coat of glue, pour some sand over the model, spray some glue to seal, apply the colors, done!

it's most easy!

it wasn't my idea, inspiration came from here: http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/5-schiffe-ww2/1140-ijn-musashi-nichimo.html

Beaten by the lady again! Is there no end to this cleverness? Laura that sand effect looks great, the camera is not my friend either...

Laura saw this on another site. Its diving a Dauntless.
http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=581
I dont think you could get too much closer to reality than you already have. Very well done.
James

What a fine tribute to Kapt. Langsdorf's final command. I rather expected to see the delta of the river Platte to be less sandy. No one else has had imagination enough to render such a cool idea, in scale.
Well Done!!

Back