• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm Back!

:pilot Got my Christmas presents & Isaiah (my 9-year-old son) decided we were going to make the SR-71 Blackbird 1st. It's the Revell 85-5810 model of the blackbird. Planning on hanging it in his room when it's done. Any suggestions, recommendations, etc. before I start?

I officially started on the Blackbird today. I started painting the pilots & cockpit (1:72 scale). I got the smallest brush I could find, but it still looks like I painted them with a q-tip! :rotf This is harder than I remember...

I officially started on the Blackbird today. I started painting the pilots & cockpit (1:72 scale). I got the smallest brush I could find, but it still looks like I painted them with a q-tip! :rotf This is harder than I remember...

I might tell you to use some optivisors, but that would just make the Q-tip bigger. :laugh:

T B)

IMG_4893.JPG

IMG_4894.JPG

IMG_4895.JPG

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

Nice start Ernest, when painting a bright color like orange or yellow, you'd probably want to start with a white base, but these guys are going to be buried in the cockpit so what the hey..

:popcorn

you can use silly putty or scrape with a toothpick before the paint is too dry if using acrylics.

Regards,

Back