• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IEDed HEMTT - 1/35 - Load for a forthcoming HET...

kerojp4

Hi Gents !

So here's my new log. I made up my mind regarding the payload that'll seat on the M1000 Trailer from Hobby Boss's huge HETS.

When I saw a pic on the web of a HEMTT that was obliterated by an IED in Iraq, I knew I had to go for it.

The inspiring picture :

het_he10.jpg

from http://data3.primeportal.net/transports/jeremy_mowers/het_hemtt/images/het_hemtt_2_of_2.jpg

I had started a VERY long time ago, the Italeri HEMTT and awakened it for the occasion. I added some Tank Workshop wheels.

It'll depict a blasted HEMTT, suffering damages from a road side bomb. The IED contained ball shaped projectiles that riddled the passenger door and shot the spare tire, the crane and a portion of the cargo side in the back. I try to stick to the pic above...

img_0810.jpg

img_0811.jpg

Damaged rim...

img_0812.jpg

Heavy putty in the cargo area

img_0813.jpg

Punched cab !

img_0814.jpg

img_0816.jpg

img_0815.jpg

Whaddya think ?

Regards,

Richard

The battle damage is looking very convincing. Nicely done. What a poignant story this build will tell. (y) (y) (y)
James

I think it is very cool. These big trucks are very tempting (must resist).

Looking forward to your progress.

Tom

Nice! Purpose built battle damage, who would have thought?! I always thought it was by accident. :mpup

Very cool, cant wait to see how this one progresses.

I'd like to get that HET kit eventually, but its way outside my price range right now.

I have that HEMTT kit, that I started quite a few years ago, that never got finished.

Hi,

The crew cab was handpainted in a dark green acrylic water based color (Citadel range).

Here's a pic of the dashboard and the steering wheel

img_0817.jpg

Then here are the seats, these were painted with the same Citadel paint, faded down with some sand color of the range. I added the seatbelts and put a wash that may appear too shiny in the picture cos it is still wet...

img_0818.jpg

Here's the outside cab with the outside rear view mirror mounts (seems I have lost them parts !!!!!! Will ask Italeri for new ones...)

img_0819.jpg

And here's the crane area where I added some putty.

img_0820.jpg

Regards,

Richard

Thank you guys !

So as anyone may guess, the passenger was wounded. But this is no crime scene !

Private Ryan was harmed and hit hard... but he feels fine now and got back to combat after several weeks being taken care of by nice nurses during his recovering time !!!!!!

So, no offense intended, but this is getting a lil' more "graphic" (hey, this is just & only acryl paint ok ?!)

img_0821.jpg

img_0822.jpg

img_0823.jpg

img_0824.jpg

Regards,

Richard :)

Actually I was going to ask about the passenger but thought against it. Glad he's doing well, Nurses have a way of lifting spirits.

The shattered glass looks great! how did you do that?

Hi Richard,

I don't mind properly done gore. A few things:

The fire extinguisher would be used to remove blood and tissue not taken care of by the medics. IEDs are treated like crime scenes so photos are taken and documentation written to profile the bomb maker. Afterwards, it is clean up before recovery.

Second, when gore must be presented, remember that blood darkens considerably as it congeals (from clotting). It appears a very dark maroon, almost black, until disturbed. Then the blood underneath the coagulated skin absorbs oxygen and turns bright red again.

The above is (sadly) from experience.

Regards,

Thank you very much guys !

@ MoonPuppy, the shattered glass was cut on the clear sprue and then scratched with a cutter blade giving angles to the scratches. A lot of these scratches and there you are !

@ Sharkmouth, you're right the blood & tissue must be darkened, I'll "fix" that. I know the medics may clean all that asap but I thought that with such a damaged cab area a little gore had to come along...

Regards,

Richard

HA, I can take a picture of some dried blood if need reference. Sliced the crap out of my finger yesterday... :mpup and if I attempted your shattered glass technique I'm sure I'll slice some more... :mpup

Hi,

I worked on fading down the blood in the cab and on the rear crane area.

Here's the cab :

p1070526.jpg

Then the cargo area where I decided to add a full plasticard floor :

p1070528.jpg

Here are some homemade side rear view mirrors :

p1070527.jpg

And here is the rear crane area that needed to be wired-up :

p1070529.jpg

p1070530.jpg

Hope you guys like it.

Regards,

Richard

The broken glass and the plumbing on the crane look great!

Terry B)

Back