• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IDF Build

Actually.... I had typed that in thinking a "VS." type thing, but htat is so cool I would defeinitely consider it!

I would happily jump into this one! I wouldn't minud a Kfir. or even a Mig!

A MiG, Bruce ??? - Are you thinking about the (in)famous 007, because that would be a great project.

h1fd03c2.jpg

Ian.

Guys was digging and one of my oldest in the 'stash is the Trumpeter Ti-67 and that is very likely what I will go with. that Mig is neat though & I think I see that in a future build tho'

Bottom views of 007 are not so common
Captured-MIG-21.-Israel-1967.jpg

1967-press-photo-mig-21-jet-fighter-plane-at-israeli-air-force-day-ceremony-f84c2b84713429c40ea3e41576dc6ef7.jpg

These could be in camouflage or, as here, NMF:
7ef00d0f410ab4eab492633a865290ad.jpg

Jumo powered Messerschmit!
s199-5.jpg

Spitfire:
israeli-spitfire-105-sqn.jpg

Black10pic1.jpg

Mosquito:
mosqui_2.jpg

suez007.jpg

Mustang:
mustang-_-harvard.jpg

Yes, they saw combat and, look! A Texan too!

Flying Fortress!
f67141d4f452031d1478359c5928eb21.jpg

you get the picture(s), lots to choose from if not limited to land forces... here's proof the air force is part of the IDF:
1617535.jpg

Regards,

So is this going to be a go? Not chomping at the bit as I have PLENTY of other campaign stuff to work on, just trying to think about how I gonna do-it 2 schedule it in.

Hey I know, there will be no other campaings started until after site migration and that is kewl, but I have a question related to this:

Could we consider an Arab-Israeli theme? :woohoo: Somewhat like the "charlie Don't Surf" in that Israeli & Arab ribbons are different, so one from each side would result in two ribbons. Make sense?

Hey I know, there will be no other campaings started until after site migration and that is kewl, but I have a question related to this:

Could we consider an Arab-Israeli theme? :woohoo: Somewhat like the "charlie Don't Surf" in that Israeli & Arab ribbons are different, so one from each side would result in two ribbons. Make sense?
What about a middle east one we can have WW1 and WW2 ribbon, colonials ribbon, one for each of the Israeli wars and then Israeli, Egyptian, Syrian etc as the guys say they would be interested in

What about a middle east one we can have WW1 and WW2 ribbon, colonials ribbon, one for each of the Israeli wars and then Israeli, Egyptian, Syrian etc as the guys say they would be interested in

EVEN BETTER!

I am an unabashed fan of the IDF, and am going to re-read DUEL FOR THE GOLAN after I get thru my current two reads, but there is a such a hodgepodge of Weapons & Material from around the world in use from WW2 to today that it would be av very interesting subject!

I ultimately would like to have several IDF subjects displayed on my shelf with their counterpart facing them on the opposite shelf, hence my idea here

MIDDLE EAST CAULDRON OF WAR campaign

Ok so who is in for a campaign to build something from the middle eastern wars? It’s only been boiling for 2000+ years over there......

IDF or Arab states. Modern back to ancient times. No models more that 20% started. I would think that Africa Korps is excluded, but will leave open to debate.....preference given to ARAB-ISRAELI as you can see below

So.... who’s in?

OK, so with 4 campaigns ending or ended, how about we finally do this campaign? I was thinking a November 2018 to December 31, 2019 run?

At least twice over it has been brought up and got the votes:
https://modelersalliance.org/forum/campaign-hq/149301-idf-build?start=24

We could also extend this to Arab-Israeli,

h35c7c6e.GIF

as both sides used a huge variety of equipment, some modified, some not. The Syrians in particular used Stug III's complete with zimmerit, The Panzer IV, the many iterations of the T-34/85, Su-100, and Shermans, + quite a few armored cars (not to mention a wealth of aircraft) would make this a fun build, me-thinks.....how about y'all?

PS - I have some ideas regarding badges for several of the countries, not unlike what was done for the Vietnam campaign

IDF Campaign question

If you want something fun and can get it past the big guys to start a new build May i suggest we cal it Cauldron of War - Middle east war since forever. That will alow something for everyone and i will make some ribbons to suit it even if somebody wants to do an Crusader figure i will make one for them.

IDF Campaign question

Dang...just started a review on the new AFV Club Sho't Kal that would've fit nicely ;) but I have others....

Would be a great excuse to do the F-16I kit base that is eyeing me from the corner.... :unsure:

I'm in as soon as I finish my WW1 build.

Mike

Just picked this up from Sprue Bros in their weekend special...

h41439ff.jpg

Would go well in this campaign I think! :woohoo:

Just picked this up from Sprue Bros in their weekend special...

Would go well in this campaign I think! :woohoo:

Neat kit! I have the Tmaiya Tiran-5, and also the Trumpeter T-62 1973, which is in Syrian guise. I am terribly torn though, would like to build the Tamiya...just have to see. I find the prospect of the interior intimidating, I do admit.

Neat kit! I have the Tmaiya Tiran-5, and also the Trumpeter T-62 1973, which is in Syrian guise. I am terribly torn though, would like to build the Tamiya...just have to see. I find the prospect of the interior intimidating, I do admit.

These full interior kits are all the rage right now. Seems like a lot of wasted plastic if you close up the hatches. But if you keep the hatches open and do some cursory weathering it can be worthwhile I suppose. :hmmm

We'll see what I do with it....

Has anyone decided - is this campaign a go?

Back