• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Howdy from the Great White North!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Glad to see some familiar faces (yes, even yours SA Dave :pp ).

James, sorry to hear about the job situation. If it makes you feel any better I have a Masters degree and I dig tree holes for a living. Okay, not everyday but I do have to once and awhile. I work for a Landscaping company and while I do all their design work and I'm one of their lead foremen I still have to get off my but and operate a hand shovel.

Hey Dave, nice to see you here :D I used to love backing into the loading dock at the Real Canadian Wholesale Club in Vernon, usually at lunchtime :blink ......

Hey Dave, nice to see you here :D I used to love backing into the loading dock at the Real Canadian Wholesale Club in Vernon, usually at lunchtime :blink ......

No way!!! I live just up the hill from there. Tight spot to back into eh?

You say "used to" I take it you don't do it anymore? I'd have you over for lunch if you do. B)

Welcome to the ALLAINCE Dave...

And I could see you almost got a date... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
just kidding... :D

It's been a few years since I did my stint delivering to western grociers, but the last run I had I used to deliver to the Super A in Lumby then pick up Sunrype in Kelowna, then do the 3 s's and nap at the chevron there. I haven't pulled down there since April and I finaly got my sorry behind off the road this september, so it's not likely I'll be down there anytime soon. Just so you know the grocery's at the Super A come from The Grocery People (Co-op) warehouse in Edmonton, and they do sell model kits there. I don't know of a hobby shop in vernon, but I"ve been to B.C. hobby and shaver in Kelowna, is that were you get your kits from? Oh and thanks for the offer :)

Yes I buy some stuff down at BC Hobby and Shaver. I mostly go there for my paint as they have the MM acrylics there which I like to use. The Hobby store here in Vernon is pretty good too but they don't bring in new stuff very often. Another one opened here recently but not much of a model selection. Least not the stuff I'm interested in anyway. If you ever get down to Penticton there is an awesome one there called Finescale Hobbies on Main street. Unfortunately I do not get there very often. :(

PS: Sorry, I'm done with commitments! :kiss:

I'm done with commitments!
tease.gif
Funny, that's what my ex told to me too
blink.gif

Back