• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Howdy folks!

Greetings!
Just finished my registration and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm Howard, from NY.
I've just returned to modeling after a 40+ year hiatus.
My main love is aviation but just started exploring armor kits.
Just started a Tamiya 1/48 M4 Sherman (never again will I tackle a 1/48 armor kit....too small for my failing eyes!).
I'm looking into a Dragon 1/35 M4 Sherman with some aftermarket accesories.

I came here because someone at Swanny's Models highly recommended this place when I asked who makes the best 1/35 armor kits.
So here I am looking forward to making your aquaintance, exploring this site, learning new things and making new friend.

free-fighting-smileys-427[1].gif

I was thinking how many guys from Queen's Village NY, who go by the handle Black Sheep One can there be on modeling forums.

What do you mean you Just returned? I thought you've been posting at Swanny's as long as I have?

Welcome aboard Howard!

Hi there and welcome.

We'd all be interested in seeing some images of your work.

I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Cheers from Peter

moon puppy wrote:
I was thinking how many guys from Queen's Village NY, who go by the handle Black Sheep One can there be on modeling forums.

What do you mean you Just returned? I thought you've been posting at Swanny's as long as I have?

Welcome aboard Howard!

Thanks MP!

I've been posting, asking , bothering, annoying, etc.
But actually building....just started.
It takes a while to get all the tools together and most important.....gather up the nerve to jump in and actually start a kit!
I finally crossed that threshold.
Now I'm addicted to plastic! :woohoo:

G'day Howard ,

Well I am mighty glad you joined , it is also interesting to hear how intelligent you must be , learning that humans belong firmly on the ground , preferabbly with a big ol tank around them ;) !

Would love it if you can join us with one of our upcoming group builds too.

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
G'day Howard ,

Well I am mighty glad you joined , it is also interesting to hear how intelligent you must be , learning that humans belong firmly on the ground , preferabbly with a big ol tank around them ;) !

Would love it if you can join us with one of our upcoming group builds too.

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny,

However, I'm sorry to disappoint you as I constantly look for new and improved ways to keep myself up in the air.

I did however learn long ago that it was foolish to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! :S

But I do enjoy building models (aircraft, starships and now armor).

f-16-021.gif

Black-Sheep1 wrote:
My main love is aviation but just started exploring armor kits.

Hehehehe.... another flyboy sees the light... :laugh:

Welcome to T&T... :Hiay Where even wingy thingies are welcome... :laugh:

John

Howard,
Welcome aboard and, (y)
Welcome to the dark side... :evil: :evil: :evil: ;) (Darth Vader type breathing)
We will be happy to have you build whatever your little heart desires.
We love to see stuff for the AA gunners to sight in on too. :eek:hmy:
Jumping into one of the "group builds" is a great way to get the juices flowing.
Everyone here is a blast to be around and is more than happy to help.
Love that little smily in the fighter...
Just remember that whatever goes up must come down... :blush:
Shawn

Hey Howard!

Glad to see you here, I think you'll like it, lots of great folks with tons of talent and all willing to share.

Tom

P.S. Just let the mud-pushers think they have you converted to doing all armor then pull out a wingy thing and BOOM.....his-to-ry! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Welcome Howard! Wingy things? I guess everyone has a cross to bear! LOL! (truth be known, I have a few sitting somewhere with some ships) Your coming around though with those Shermans! Welcome to the fold! Ryan ;)

Ah thanks Ryan, I just got back from a vacation trip to Puerto Rico.
Rain every day, today was the first day the sun came out (my luck).

Tomorrow I hope to finish the 1/48 Sherman and start with one of the 1/35 kits.
:)

Back