• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How much are you willing to go?

Iron Mike wrote:
Thankfully, the military budget isn't classified at our house! My wife enjoys reading, so she isn't bothered by my disappearing into "the hole" on our days off. She appreciates my builds, although not as much as when I was building bikes and autos! I have to admit, I still cringe and usually pass when it comes to spending extra on some of the aftermarket stuff, but in my car building days, it wasn't uncommon to buy and raid 4-5 kits, plus buying paint, wheels, tires and PE to complete ONE vehicle. One point about armor modeling is you usually get more for your money, the more recent releases have as many pieces just in the tracks as most car models!

There have been many thought provoking responses here, thanks for asking this question Bob!

Yeah, but it was usually one SAWWWWEEEEETTT Car build.

Good, I'm glad to see these answers. I'm not as crazy as I thought I was for buying a kit to get 3 parts out of it.

Viper_MP wrote:
Iron Mike wrote:
Thankfully, the military budget isn't classified at our house! My wife enjoys reading, so she isn't bothered by my disappearing into "the hole" on our days off. She appreciates my builds, although not as much as when I was building bikes and autos! I have to admit, I still cringe and usually pass when it comes to spending extra on some of the aftermarket stuff, but in my car building days, it wasn't uncommon to buy and raid 4-5 kits, plus buying paint, wheels, tires and PE to complete ONE vehicle. One point about armor modeling is you usually get more for your money, the more recent releases have as many pieces just in the tracks as most car models!

There have been many thought provoking responses here, thanks for asking this question Bob!

Yeah, but it was usually one SAWWWWEEEEETTT Car build.

I'm getting a load of heat from my car building buddies to get back to my roots, so much peer pressure!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Thanks for the compliment, Rob, your Chevelle is really good!!

moon puppy wrote:
I'm not as crazy as I thought I was for buying a kit to get 3 parts out of it.

Actually that is pretty crazy...
No, really that is seriously whacked....
Woop, woop, woop, type crazy....
You know, OH. MY. GOD.! type crazy.....
What the heck were you thinking!, type crazy...

Just kidding.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, guess I'll be in the naughty corner for a while... :blush:

Back