• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How Many Of These Did You Have??

How about Slot Cars
Little Red Wagon 1.jpg

20200205_105031.jpg
20181226_142840.jpg

The little red wagon is an original from 1969.
I also have my first stamped steel chassis from 1970.
Frank

Cool thread!

While I sold off most of my childhood things, I did keep some of my Diecast Corgi Toys and collected some others over the years. Still have all my Star Wars toys as well. Only a few shown here, I have 2 other totes full of things.

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

The Batmobile on the bottom is original, the older one on top and the Green Hornet Black Beauty I had restored by a guy in England (both with repro boxes).

I remember several of these however for me it was playsets. My first was one I stole from my big brother and talking with Moon Puppy brought them memories back all the way from 1969....
1591623148552.png

Then around 1970 or 71 I got not one but two Anzino Beach sets on a trip to the Patton Museum at Fort Knox, my favorite...
1591623395088.png

A few years later I got this kool little Airfix set...
1591623520612.png

But by far the Pièce de Résistance...
1591623682260.png

1591623728313.png

1591623794279.png

Oh the hundreds of hours and countless battle over the years...What FUN!!
Of course this lead directly to my first 1/35th scale kit in 1979...
1591624280559.png

But that's another story.
:victory:

I remember seeing those modular playsets back in the day at our LHS, why I didn't get them I don't know, maybe they were out of my budget.

Still want to know what rounds the Rat Patrol was firing to take out Walker Bulldogs... :soldier

Awesome stuff, guys! I remember being a turn marshal at our local slot car track to get free track time.

Eric, I had a similar playset I bought with a friend of mine, we split it up and then shared the base back and forth. I ended up trading him for some stuff and he got the base. :cool:

I had the Rat Patrol kit! My dad decided that modeling was taking up too much space in the empty basement and said no more "play stuff." (I could have been working, making money! I was 14)

I had the Green Hornet and the Bat mobile as well. The first thing to get lost was the 'whatsit' that launched from the boot(Trunk) of the GH car. Then the missile from behind the front grille:smack:. I also had some spaceships from the series done in England called UFO and some thunderbirds stuff too. I remember having a couple of Rommel's Rod models(my favourite) and even a 1/24 Monkeys Mobile model.
Thanks for showing all this stuff , it's great!

How about Slot Cars
View attachment 124136
View attachment 124137View attachment 124138
The little red wagon is an original from 1969.
I also have my first stamped steel chassis from 1970.
Frank

Oh yeah, now we're talkin'.

We didn't have a local big track like that, but my cousin did in NJ, so whenever we'd visit, it'd off to that shop. I loved those, big chassis with the vacuformed bodies.

We had the Aurora, Tyco and AFX sets over the years, I even remember mailing cereal box tops to get a Formula One car once.

Years ago we stumbled across a bar in Manhattan that had a set up like you posted. What a great idea, have a coupla pints and race your heart out. Of course it usually came down to whoever stayed on the track won.

Holy cow, I had that Anzio set!

We had a lot of Corgi stuff too: Batmobile, Batboat, Black Beauty, a bunch of the UFO stuff. My favorite of all was the BMW with sidecar. I loved that toy.

I remember so many of these! I also had some of the Corgi toys; I always loved those.

I always wanted a Rat Patrol set but never got one. I did build the Arii Secret Stronghold some years back! I did a few mods to it, but it is essentially the same. What fun that was!

German Stronghold Front.JPG

German Stronghold Rear.JPG

I also have that gun emplacement set too. Man, good times!

Back