• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Holy Grail

Big subjects are a labor of love without a doubt.

I'm back and forth about this. I wanted to do Fireball Roberts '57 fairlane convertible, came close but didn't finish it. Guess I still could.

I guess I gravitate to these things that aren't out of the box ready to build. And it's always something I'm not use to building. Like this, I'm not a car builder but if I build this car it has to be right.

h8f123bb_2018-05-05.jpg

The 1967 Caprice Coupe. I've confirmed with my brother that it had a 396 big block in it (I always thought it was 327 but that was Mom's stationwagon), very nice car. Leather bucket seats, center console with T handle shifter.

If I model this it'll be just like this picture. Little red mud splattered because I don't remember it EVER being clean.

That and AMT Cat Bulldozer but I can't build that out of the box, I mean really, a decal for the radiator grill?

I might pull the trigger this evening. :woohoo:

My first car was a '69 Impala with a 396, 411 rear (all original) for $200. It was a lot of car for a 17 year old. You could watch the gas gauge move if you got on it. Double wheel burnouts at the drop of a hat.

Yep, Dad got a '69 Sedan, back then he was on the road a lot in the construction business and was buying new every 2 years or so. I got to drive the '69 or a it till he sold it. Then he put me in a '66 New Yorker~!! :rotf What a battle ship.

A diorama that looks something like this ...only with the Bismarck :D

haacb5e2.JPG

That is King George V - by Chris Flodberg. He is using cotton, I don't intend to use cotton on mine. He has put together some amazing pieces.

Laurence

A diorama that looks something like this ...only with the Bismarck :D

haacb5e2.JPG

That is King George V - by Chris Flodberg. He is using cotton, I don't intend to use cotton on mine. He has put together some amazing pieces.

Laurence

That looks really good, I thought it was an actual photo at first glance. As to the cotton, I suspect he used it as a carrier and support for the clear acrylic frothy parts. It would give the white interior it could hold some air and support the clear acrylic resin as it set up. Once it had started to set up and get a little stiff it could be posed a little bit as well. As impressive as the Big "B" would be in this kind of setup, I would be a little hesitant to do it myself.

I'd like to find a buildable Aurora X-13, I already have a nice clean kit but can't bring myself to build it.

I'd like to find a buildable Aurora X-13, I already have a nice clean kit but can't bring myself to build it.

For those who may not know what the X-13 (amazing they numbered it 13) is, this is from Wiki.

Just after World War II, Ryan engineers wondered whether the Ryan/U.S. Navy FR-1 Fireball, which had a thrust-to-weight ratio of 1 at low fuel quantities, would take off vertically.

Why do I have the feeling this conversation started after some adult beverages at the local watering hole. :drinks

Engineers... :smack :rotf

Ryan_X-13.jpg

If you don't notice, there's a man at the top of the "landing pad" guiding the pilot in. :blink

Not sure if I really have one. I would think something in 1/16, like a Tiger I (yes Mike, a WW2 subject!)

Maybe even on a transporter? Sump-tin' like that

Big subjects are a labor of love without a doubt.

h8f123bb_2018-05-05.jpg

The 1967 Caprice Coupe. I've confirmed with my brother that it had a 396 big block in it (I always thought it was 327 but that was Mom's stationwagon), very nice car. Leather bucket seats, center console with T handle shifter.

Yo Bob, I saw a pic of that car and immediately thought of the restaurant at the lake!!!

Well every time I think of a subject this would be mine, I change it. :idonno

I would say one I have started that would be my Rhine project. Which every year now after Eagle Quest as soon as I get home I get the stuff out, then make an excuse I need to try this or that or practice this or that before doing it here. Then it goes back.

One thing I have not even tried but ever since I was a kid had a big spot for, are the big sailing ships. I have always wanted to build one. Lately I have been have thoughts on a 1/48 scale U-boat, how cool it would be to go crazy with that kit.

I hope everyone finds that one thing and makes the dream come true. Me I want to make the dream and then make another

(y)

Back