• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HK Models B17 Memphis Belle with AC Models aircrew

I know how big that beast is. I have the G in the stash and it is a monster. I wish I could get the early tail gun for it as many of the G's didn't have the Cheyenne unit that is in the G kit.

I will be keeping an eye on this one Michael!

Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

Thanks everyone for your words.

I appreciate them.

I have to get back to Famo so the pressure is on to perform :dance :dance :dance :laugh:

Michael :drinks

Hello again,

Next update

4 out of the 10 aircrew painted.
The remaining 6 had the arms sealed up today with Tamiya putty and super thin Tamiya glue.

The figures will be checked over for any errors and then primed with Mig Ammo primer.

Once painted back to the Famo and trailer. :good: :pilot

3CJs3jt.jpg

fXwsraB.jpg

N6HktXy.jpg

Michael

Thank you for your comments.

If all going good I'm aiming to have the balance of the crew painted by Sunday.

Michael

Hello again,

It's been a few weeks and have been head down working away on completing the aircrew.

I'm roughly at 80% near completion. Parachutes and bags are to be added and a final check before pinning the figures to the resin base. Only temporary till the big base is done.

BPq45M3.jpg

EEtyXJe.jpg

Michael

Fantastic Michael,

Something I learned long ago from the figure painting elites, a group of tightly spaced figures make very dramatic vignettes! Bill Horam comes to mind!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Looking very cool. That should be really effective in a diorama. Looking forward to seeing more.
James

The figures look good, Michael. I especially like how you varied the colors of the trousers from figure to figure. Not only is it realistic for them to be different due to different batches the uniforms came from and laundering/exposure to the sun, but it also makes for a more interesting display.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
James

Back