• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help

Novorus

Help required, this may seem like a strange one :eek:ldguy

I have started a U Tube channel, but i do not want to do the same old thing. My idea os to use the channel to show my own work progress, share info and pictures from model show or events. But i'm hoping some people would be willing to help me out. At this time I'm putting together an intro for the said channel.

So the reason for asking for help.

I'm looking for some quotes to the following question. What does model making mean to you?

Anyone willing to share pictures of models or shows/events, that your willing for me to use, again let me know.

My idea in the development of the channel is to share the community spirt of us model makers, but very important to me is that it is for fun.

One goal is also to bring new people or people back to the hobby.

# Admins..... I hope this does not upset you or break any rules in this forum, it is not my intention so please contact me asap or remove this post if it does. :smack

# Admins..... I hope this does not upset you or break any rules in this forum, it is not my intention so please contact me asap or remove this post if it does. :smack

No problem, looking forward to your results. :coolio

There is a young lady on FB doing the same type of thing. She asked for pics and did a youtube video and is now doing sessions with 3 or 4 models. Look her up for pointers and I am sure you will see the do's and dont's. Looking forward to watching your feed.
Some samples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIOuURI0b7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFXa566P2g

James

Modeling is multi-faceted for me.
I vacation my brain when I model. Working on the dinky subjects I do requires a complete focus, so none of the daily cares or stresses could possibly enter in.

Modeling frees my imagination.
As Modelers we get to drive Tiger Tanks, or fly about in Fokker Tri-planes. We get to relive the first time we flew through a cloud. We are able to tear off a 4 minute quarter mile in our scale funny cars. We might choose any Ship we wish, from a Curtiss Flyer to the F-35C to launch from any aircraft carrier under way on the Big Blue. I took a 10,000 ton US Navy "Treaty Cruiser" into the very teeth of the Imperial Japanese Navy, at the Sunda Strait, against impossible odds, damaged and sank many vessels, and escaped unscathed, with HMAS Perth, to Australia for Foster's and roasted beef.

We are able to inspire mirth in the eyes of our peers. "Make a Model, make a Joke" is one of my favored mantras. Not all these are my own. Still........
Kulula_006.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

We connect with History in a way Potatoes (Non Modelers, in this instance) cannot begin to grasp.
IMG_0837~0.JPG

For myself, I've had the privilege of presenting finished Models to a few Veterans of our Nation's military service. You can watch while a WWII, Korean or Vietnam War Vet become 19 years old again. When that gentleman is able to, He may tell HIS personal stories. In a few cases, details he never shared with even his own family. Honor means much to me.
12_August_2014_USS_England_2.JPG

These Men are National Treasures, and deserve be treated as such. :salute Regardless of what those little Ice-holes think at Cornell High School, in Pennsylvania. :bat :bat :bat

He have the opportunity to pay homage to those whom inspired us in our hobby-ness.
IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

I enjoy the road-trip to Contests. Entering my finished Kit, supporting other Clubs, Hanging out with my model-friends and doing a kindness for a younger Modeler. Awards are not my objective. Sometimes the judges like my Models. I LOVE winning raffle prizes!
Chris_LeCroix___Chris_Rhiner___the_2015_IPMS_Atlanta_show_281024x76829.jpg

IMG_6102_281024x76829.jpg

In these halcyon days, We Model Maniacs are able to purchase nearly any subject we wish, as well as re-pops of the beloved, nostalgic, (really crappy) model kits :bang head we hurriedly assembled in our youth. My dear friend Greg Metge said once "Models are just more complex toys".

Perhaps then, I am simply a more complex Child.

You did ask! I hope I've helped in some small way.

There is a young lady on FB doing the same type of thing. She asked for pics and did a youtube video and is now doing sessions with 3 or 4 models. Look her up for pointers and I am sure you will see the do's and dont's. Looking forward to watching your feed.
Some samples.

James

Yes I know of Dana Diane on Facebook and I like her little videos.

Well said Chris (y) I wish I knew some real Vets around here. They are always good people to be around .

Always feel like family right away .

Cheers, Christian B)

Finally got an update on the channel.

I am hoping and planning to mix things up next year with some updates on mainly shows and venues as well as what i have been up to at the bench.

I have placed the link here, you feed back would be gratefully received good and bad......

https://youtu.be/Y55FiyA5hZw

Looks good. A lot of stuff packed into that video. If I could give one critique though, work on the umms. I was made painfully aware of that dreaded habit on my instructional technique courses and although it s difficult, its worth trying to get rid of. After a while people actually lose the thread of your talk and start tuning out. So apart from that and my getting sad whenever I hear the MASH music, it was pretty good. Looking forward to the next update. Will you do more with that Shinden Its one I want but keep turning away from. I would love to see more about the kit though and would really love to see a build log or more video on it.
James

Looks good. A lot of stuff packed into that video. If I could give one critique though, work on the umms. I was made painfully aware of that dreaded habit on my instructional technique courses and although it s difficult, its worth trying to get rid of. After a while people actually lose the thread of your talk and start tuning out. So apart from that and my getting sad whenever I hear the MASH music, it was pretty good. Looking forward to the next update. Will you do more with that Shinden Its one I want but keep turning away from. I would love to see more about the kit though and would really love to see a build log or more video on it.
James

Yes the dreaded 'Uummm" i hope it was just the nerves kicking in as first piece to a camera for a while...... :bat :bat

Thanks for the feed back so very grateful. I hope to have some sort of plan for the new year a mixture of stuff with i hope a few walk arounds of shows and places of interest.

The Shinden, well to be fair a box review if wanted but a build with in a video would be good but i need just a little more knowledge and skills to do it justice i think. But yes i will in the future. the same as i said with the B17. Both are some what high level kits and I'm not quite brave enough yet...... :pilot

I hope i will get some reviews in by the end of the year but plan to hit mid month updates.

Thank you again for the feed back it is so helpful.

Back