• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help with a Panther

Hi All

As me and the boys are about to embark on our CTA builds, I have realised that I am very much in the dark with our builds. We are all building an Airfx Panther each. Although the boys are going OOB for theirs with me teaching them some of the finer points, I am going to try and make the tank actually represent a real tank rather than the bitsa that it is.

I was wondering if anyone had a fairly accurate image file plan of a Panther Ausf. D that they would be willing to send me? In all honesty, a Panther is a Panther to me (I couldn't tell the difference between a Panther and a King Tiger there for a long time), so all help appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

fairly accurate image file plan of a Panther Ausf. D

Rob, what are you asking for? An accurate scale plan would mean a total rebuild of the kit. Or do you want to represent a real tanks with some detail photos of the real thing (whereby you decide what you wish to add and/or correct) or are you asking for profiles of actual vehicles to be able to mark the kit accordingly?

Regards,

Hi Saúl

Something that I can get the profiles right with. If I can get the angles right, that is half the battle, then I can hit details as I get to them. I hope that helps.

Cheers

Rob

Hope these might help.

panther_d_1.jpg

panther_d_2.jpg

panther_d_3.jpg

panther_d_4.jpg

Not sure where I got these so as to give credit.
James

Not really what you asked for,Rob,but we also got some reference pics in the Gallery.
Most of them are Ausf.A and Ausf.G however;

Warsaw_Uprising_-_Pantera_and_Jan_Luniewski.jpg

0c144d756518eb45med.jpg

2cn9qiw.jpg

2gwb9fo.jpg

2rmtc3a.jpg

2whfngh.jpg

5a6abdc0c86dea15med.jpg

5k20so.jpg

5xh4l1e.jpg

23tmlxf.jpg

109nl8.jpg

200wi6s.jpg

201of19pdviaebay.jpg

485th001.jpg

485th002.jpg

485th006.jpg

545e1dfa5ab1551c.jpg

97886f1012b9321cmed.jpg

eqqmq9.jpg

exp048_6.jpg

f2_1_german_panther_tank_800.jpg

f2_2_german_panther_tank_800.jpg

f2_3_german_panther_tank_800.jpg

f3t115.jpg

Kd12SSPD_6512C1F.jpg

pant.jpg

panteraokkn5lj1.jpg

panterarecuperacionflakap5.jpg

panterarecuperacionflakqa1.jpg

Panther.jpg

panther_tank.jpg

panzer0276.jpg

rsdatt.jpg

s2f9y1.jpg

scan00032-540x372.jpg

smq8lc.jpg

svrssy.jpg

t_panther10_182.jpg

t_panther_1955_csla_104.jpg

t_panther__s_army_148.jpg

t_panther_czech_1955_126.jpg

Totenkopf435.jpg

uoljk.jpg

You would be surprices to see all the cool stuff in the Gallery. :)

Greetings,Ron.

Not sure where I got these so as to give credit.

These were scanned from Spielberger's Panther book and are Hilary Louis Doyle's work. From the copyright date of 1979, these have since been replaced with 'as built' accurate plans published in the Panzer Tracts 5-1 through 5-3 series.

Alasdair Johnston did put up a series of plans on the Ausf D Early to receive comments on over at Missing Lynx but it seems all the links to Village Photos are broken.

Regards,

Back