• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello everyone!

Welcome in the nut house

Any relation to that famous IGOR? :D
hi, Dave! 'Ihor the young Frankenstein'? Heh :laugh:, well, seems that's another variant of the same name. The name is of ancient Greek origin, afaik.

There was a rotary launcher for the B52 but it took up the entire bomb bay and since the mission back then was purely nuke, it defeated the purpose. Remember that the ALCM was designed with the B1 in mind.

I'm pretty good with USAF from about 30 years ago (zonk! :bang head ) but not the modern stuff

:mpup
I actually can't still get used to the modern stuff, it looks more like science fiction to me, - something cool, but a bit not real. B-52s are more substantial, I'd say :laugh: - on close-up photos it looks like an enormous piece of metal.

There was a rotary launcher for the B52 but it took up the entire bomb bay and since the mission back then was purely nuke, it defeated the purpose. Remember that the ALCM was designed with the B1 in mind.

I'm pretty good with USAF from about 30 years ago (zonk! :bang head ) but not the modern stuff

I actually can't still get used to the modern stuff, it looks more like science fiction to me, - something cool, but a bit not real. B-52s are more substantial, I'd say :laugh: - on close-up photos it looks like an enormous piece of metal.

Yeah something about a Drone that removes the romance of the Smilin' Jack pilot with the silk scarf flowing in the wind you know. (not that I go for smilin' guys name Jack with silk scarfs... :woohoo: )

Yeah something about a Drone that removes the romance of the Smilin' Jack pilot with the silk scarf flowing in the wind you know. (not that I go for smilin' guys name Jack with silk scarfs... :woohoo: )
Ah yes, there are many variations of the theme! Saint Exupery's books are exemplary for me in that case. :pilot

Drone pilots are sitting in front of monitors, that should be quite a different feeling heh :). I saw the pictures. Looks familiar. I have enough monitors at work too :laugh:

Speaking of drones, I went to wikipedia page of Grand Forks, the latest chapter says - RQ-4 Global Hawks are there, huh. And on Google Earth the place looks pretty deserted, there is not a single airplane anywhere, looks as if it is shut down - ramps, taxiways, all are empty.

Back