• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He-219

Paulw

No pics yet but I have two. one in 32 and the Tamiya one in 48. I'll get pics up as soon as I can get some things cleared up around here. I have been busy with a persnickety yard tractor. Blade brake, PTO cable and deck leveling. It take me a couple of days to get up off of the ground when doing those repairs.

Looking forward to seeing your build Paul. I had to do an unexpected repair this evening. Some dimwit smacked my mailbox. My guess is with the rain we just had some doofus moron came around the corner too fast punched it and slewed around into it. Pretty sure they messed their front end up on the curb and probably took out a plastic headlight unit and fender, or at the least screwed up the paint. I already straightened the box door which was a bit buggered. It is straighter now than it was before being hit. The only bad thing is the box support on the steel post bent at the base a bit, and with the soft ground I only got it about half way back straight before the whole post got wobbly. They also broke a weld around the middle. I can fully fix it if I can get enough torque and the post doesn't turn. Was thinking about doing a clean and repaint on it sometime this summer anyway as it was looking kind of rough.

Here's a good example of one Ian.
1715167164040.png

Had it 11 years, got to where it wouldn't cold crank without some starter fluid then it started breaking spindles in the middle of a cut. I got mad and got one of the Green ones. Fixed the spindles with intention of selling it but my sister found out that her grandson needed a mower, you know the one who has no money. :bash:

Last edited:
Here's a good example of one Ian.
View attachment 169464

Had it 11 years, got to where it wouldn't cold crank without some starter fluid then it started breaking spindles in the middle of a cut. I got mad and got one of the Green ones. Fixed the spindles with intention of selling it but my sister found out that her grandson needed a mower, you know the one who has no money. :bash:
Hit the nail right on the proverbial Husqvarna head. YTH18542.

Those of us that are from the Commonwealth may also know it as pernickety. One of the times our US cousins added a letter instead of dropping one.

Cheers,
RichB

I have a Troy-Built self propelled push mower with a Honda engine that I bought back in 2009. Just a week ago, I filled it with gas for the first mowing, turned on the gas tap from the tank, set the automatic choke, and gave it one pull. Started right up just like every other year.

I once heard that if it has wings, wheels or boobs it's gonna give you problems. It's a shame that they wont allow goats here.

Back