• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 162D

OK, fiddly bits on ! I kept weathering to a minimum only adding a little highlight to the control surface demarcations and a bit of powder staining around the guns and shell ejection ports. Final top coat was semigloss giving it a bit of sheen. I suspect these would be as close as one could come to a disposable fighter so they didn't last long enough to get really dirty. The cannons and pitot tube were done with hypo tubing. I thought it needed something beside the tiny antenna on the bottom so I added a whip antenna behind the cockpit. It's a black cat whisker so I didn't need to paint it. :laugh: Note: No felines were harmed acquiring this !

Anyway in spite of a few issues here and there I still had fun building it, I hope you like it, I do !

162d-b19.jpg

162d-b20.jpg

162d-b21.jpg

162d-b22.jpg

162d-b24.jpg

162d-b23.jpg

Nice Volkjäger! :good:

I love the 162 plus the forward-swept wings version is my favorite. I wanted to see how the build went and read through the entire thread. Knowing DML I was expecting some fit issues and there they were! When you build one of their kits you can't help wondering if this is some form of Chinese humor or something. :D :evil:

Kudos to you for having stuck to the process! :notworthy I know I didn't, my Dragon Me 1101 is still sitting somewhere half finished...

M

Back