• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa Maschinen Krieger Melusine

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, that disturbance in the Force you feel is me building a sci fi kit!! :laugh:

I got interested watching all the fun and came across this kit at the hobby shop and thought what the heck?

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

I'm using the last of my 2011 vacation and wanted a little change of pace. The arms drove me nuts and I forgot to prime the shoulder plates, but other than that, a nice little kit.

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

He's primed with Vallejo German Panzer Grey Surface primer, I'm still debating on the final paint scheme. I still have to add the feet and make a base, so any suggestions and feedback quite welcome!

Oh, what you said! :woohoo: :woohoo: :pilot :yipee :yipee

I'm leaning toward greys with orange bands, wife thinks I should use the cat scheme. The grey and olive would be good too. :hmmm

MIKE,

:hmmm Nice piece !! Another cool Mech from Ma.K ! Great build , very clean ! I'm lookin forward to seein' Her all weathered !!

:erik

Never seen this one, great! Just wondering though, if this were real and you were inside the suit and were knocked over, HOW would you get back up?

There are several paint schemes included with the kit, I am partial to the grey, with orange stripes as depicted in the Panzerjager Abt.113 6th Kampanie "Roter Katze"

IMG.jpg

So rather than trying to mask parallel lines, I shot a line of Tamiya Orange in the area I wanted to cover and I'll mask over it!

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

Did I mention this kit is 1/35th scale?? Just waiting for paint to get good and hard before applying the masking. :gogo

After letting the Tamiya stripe dry for a full day, I masked off the stripe with a strip of Tamiya masking tape, approx 4mm wide. I then dusted more grey over the over-sprayed areas, followed by a light clouding of Model Color Basalt Gray. I let that dry for a couple hours and painted the panzerfaust and other details. The tape was then removed, revealing a pretty good stripe.

IMG_4853.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

I realized that during the masking, I broke off the helmet camera. I started to drill it out to add a pin to reinforce the joint and promptly broke off the drill bit! Of course, the broken piece is not long enough to use as the pin and is short enough not to be able to get a hold of to remove. D'oh! :bang head I guess that will get added when I install the antenna (when it is firmly on the base!!) The next step is a coat of gloss in preparation for decals and the washes. Until next time! :eek:hyeah

Hey Mike.

it's starting to have some character . Rotten Ruck about the drill bit but that's my life story.

I wish someone would come up with a mini home laser drill. :unsure: Or just maybe Drill Bit city in the neighborhood.

Looking forward to more. I think James took the bait ! :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow! Great job on that... that... errr, well, on IT! :cheer: Loved the stripe and am sorry about that drill bit breaking on you - made in China, perhaps?

Anyway, this is one build I didn't expect you to make... You never cease to surprise me, Mike! :eek:hmy: All the luck finishing it!!! :dude

Cheers!
Fernao

Thanks guys! I have been back to work this week, so haven't taken any progress pictures. I have the decals on and am ready to flat coat and dry brush him tomorrow. :zen :zen

After letting the Tamiya stripe dry for a full day, I masked off the stripe with a strip of Tamiya masking tape, approx 4mm wide. I then dusted more grey over the over-sprayed areas, followed by a light clouding of Model Color Basalt Gray. I let that dry for a couple hours and painted the panzerfaust and other details. The tape was then removed, revealing a pretty good stripe.

IMG_4853.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

I realized that during the masking, I broke off the helmet camera. I started to drill it out to add a pin to reinforce the joint and promptly broke off the drill bit! Of course, the broken piece is not long enough to use as the pin and is short enough not to be able to get a hold of to remove. D'oh! :bang head I guess that will get added when I install the antenna (when it is firmly on the base!!) The next step is a coat of gloss in preparation for decals and the washes. Until next time! :eek:hyeah

That's Cool!

:mpup

Back