• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy to be a New Member

Thank you all for your greetings. Too all the Vets, for me its like finally coming home.
My deepest respect and graditude. I think my first build will be a panzer IV ausf H. A real veteran just a little worn and torn.

Thanks , model maniac

I am really new at this but I am getting some supplies and some reference material. The people here are fantastic and really nice. Thanks for your message.

(y)

Thanks for your offer of support and help. I just wanted to throw a big HOOOOO RAAAAAH Back at ya. I have decided
to build a SD.KFZ. 250/8, a late war neu. Its not going to be a big stretch, a somewhat out of the box. I like vehicles that have a crew and some kind of apparent story. A small dio maybe.

What kind of paints do you recommend? I have Tamiya but had some issues with spraying the paint. I used their thinner and it came out crusty. I then used laquer thinner an got a smooth even finish on my test strip of paper. I bought some model color AV paints which I think I will just use for figures. I also got about every Model Master, Humbrel and floquil paints from a model shop that was closing.A real good deal.I guess I will just have to experiment and see which does a good job.

Sorry its been so long in getting back to you, I was sick for the month of October and early November.No access to a computer. Take care ModelGuru

Your friend Dave

Hi COBRA561,
Maybe it is better for questions like that to use the:HELP ME! forum.

I also like to use the Tamiya paints thinned with their laquer thinner, it really sprays better then used with their "normal" thinner. But please ventilate your room well.{not really healthy stuff you know}.

And WELCOME of course!

Greetings,Ron.

p.s.HELP ME ! you can find in the Spruesubforum also.

Back