• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Guys & Gals, Check your Photobucket Accounts

I thought we been over this a couple of times.

New site will not have current gallery, it's impossible to have it work the way it's working now. At the very least we will still have the file attachment method and best case we will have a new gallery as well.

I've been saying for years, Photobucket sucks, couple more years they will be gone.

Dad, to answer your question in a word, yes. Tremendous amount of work.

Looks like it has already. I think you told me once that you have a professional level service, maybe they are not going to trigger it on you yet.

We're moving our stuff to Dreamhost, when I get it done.
What these guys need is just a simple image hosting site for free. You got a full on domain hosting, you could move your stuff and still point it to chukw.com and it'll work. When Photobucket shuts down that's it for all those images.

I've found that 12 is the limit and you should resize or crop the images to save server space. Better than nothing and it's for free...

Oh yeah, I always crop and resize my pics down. True it is better than nothing for free. Oh well. I'll figure something out.

Well, I like to post a lot of images from my PC whenever we do the photo reference threads for Campaigns... ever notice that I post far more than 12? Here is the 'secret'... once you reach the dozen limit (as Mike pointed out) post then go back in and edit. You get 12 more attachment tries! Keep repeating until you post everything you need.

As for my images, I resize them at the same time I add a copyright. If the images being uploaded form my PC are not my own photography, I don't bother resizing as I have a high speed internet connection. Of course, if you do not have high speed uploads, by all means crop and resize.

Regards,

there is no limit set on attachments, none that I can find. Remember that when you attach a file it has to upload to our server so if you dont' resize and reduce the file size of the image it could take a while and may time out on the transfer. But for attachment limits, I know of none.

While I might have stuff online, everything is stored in my system. I will never trust my photos to just be online. No way to control who messes with stuff on there. In addition I have backup external hard drives that are only storage. In the long run I don't care if any of the hosting sites I am on crash and burn, I can reload everything to a new site and mostly redo the links in a short time.

I let PB die recently when my credit card had to be shut down due to a fraud purchase from iTunes (of all places) :facepalm When PB sent an e-mail asking for me to pay the new upgrade I ignored it. Have hated how their site "doesn't work" now for several years. Since I only post here, a bit on Fine Scale and a bit on a ship model forum it has been fine to use the photo hosting here especially since the other sites are secondary posts of what I post here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'

Not playing well in the press I see.

Looks like a good reason to maintain our own image hosting.

:hmmm

Lots of the modeling pictures I have on there is the only place I have them so I have been trying to get them off from there but they make it extremely difficult to get them off and the place is flooded with advertisement the whole time that seems to pop up every time you try to press any buttons on there Propably to make it so difficult to get your stuff that you will pay for it AAAAARRRGGHHHHH :vmad

I see some of you have your ribbons in a PB account, don't know why, they are all hosted here.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/images/badges/

IF you need help correcting this let me know.

$400 a year...y'all I don't spend that much on the new server (that I haven't moved to yet..).

Back