• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Good night Abbie

I am sorry to hear about Abbie's passing. Our pets are major parts of our families and are missed when things like this happen.

Since she was active before this happened and it was a surprise, perhaps she did not suffer and she was with the other dogs so she was not alone.

My thoughts and prayers go out you and your family.

My condolences,
James

I am sorry to hear about Abbie's passing. Our pets are major parts of our families and are missed when things like this happen.

Since she was active before this happened and it was a surprise, perhaps she did not suffer and she was with the other dogs so she was not alone.

My thoughts and prayers go out you and your family.

My condolences,
James

Without getting into detail, I can tell the other two came over and checked on her. No she was not alone and she looked like she was asleep when it happened. :zen

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever."
A.A. Milne

I really hate to see a good friend in pain, Bob. I feel burdened for you. The best thing about this is she went at her own time. When our cat, Sophie was put down I didn't feel sorry for her loss but more so to see Linda hurt and weep. I don't know what else to say.

Thanks guys. :drinks

Cindy said last night, she didn't want to get another dog. That's a shocking statement from her but i'm willing to bet she'll have a change of heart the next time she lays yes on someone calling for her.

Yes, it is hard to loose one suddenly. When I lost Harley almost 4 years ago (Geez that long), he was starting to show the "old dog" traits and I was starting to steel myself to loosing him one day soon. I never dreamed that it would be like it was.

A friend, many years ago told me she had her dogs all on the mantle. That way she knew where they were. Around here they send the pets to be cremated and there is a pet cemetery that does a great job. Harley is on a shelf with his collar and I know right where he is. I still go by there once in a while and pat the box and remember him. He was my good buddy for many years after my wife died.

Have thought about another dog, but just don't have the time it would take. Have had cats as well and have thought about that too. Maybe one of these days.

Again my friend, I am deeply sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks guys. :drinks

Cindy said last night, she didn't want to get another dog. That's a shocking statement from her but i'm willing to bet she'll have a change of heart the next time she lays yes on someone calling for her.

My Lab Dryden was the first dog I had on my own as an adult. He was my constant companion for 14 years, no matter where, when or what, he was with me. We probably logged more miles in the woods than I have in a car in those 14 years. We he died, I said the same thing, no way was I ever going to be able to go through that pain again, no dog will ever live up to his legacy, etc.

It took about 6 months before I considered it and another few to start and complete the search. In the end, we got another Lab (different color) and no he's not Dryden, but amazing in a whole different way. I can't imagine him not being part of the family.

It's probably easier having two others, when you lose a single, the entire house loses it's heart. I used to half joke about getting the 'transition dog' when Dryden turned 7 and started again now that Easy is 6. My wife is against it, but I may push harder this time. The older dog can show the young pup the ropes.

Gosh, Bob, after all the fine sentiments, I find I have little else to add.
My old friend Phantom is buried under my apple tree. He only ever did 2 naughty things his whole Doggie life.
:drinks

We had a dog, Charlie, Cindy's dog when we started dating. He had to adopt me you know? He got to be about 10-11 and showing his age and as things turned out, we found a puppy and took her in, man that pup gave him 5 years. Yeah, we'll get another for sure, thinking about a little one, they don't eat as much. :rotf

We had a dog, Charlie, Cindy's dog when we started dating. He had to adopt me you know? He got to be about 10-11 and showing his age and as things turned out, we found a puppy and took her in, man that pup gave him 5 years. Yeah, we'll get another for sure, thinking about a little one, they don't eat as much. :rotf

bouncing around. yap, yap, yap,yap

bouncing around. yap, yap, yap,yap

Yeah there's that... :mpup

Back