• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GMC 6X6 Hardtop

Did the warped resin parts straighten out in all the hubub last week? Looking forward to seeing this one. (y)

Tamiya kit with some resin bits, can't remember the maker of the resin Chad.

I'll work around that warpage...battle damage :coolio

Also will have Tamiya field shop parts to build it up as a mobile workshop inspired by Laurence's build.

That resin kit has been a hot potato for several years now.

IMG_4894.JPG

Looking forward to seeing the rightful owner build it. :laugh: B)

That mean I gotta send it back to James?

The CCKW 352 is the short bed. That kit comes with a shorter frame and you have to do minor surgery on the drive train to make it work. I'm doing the long bed 353 so no surgery at all on this. You know...:hmmm could, if tempted, do a rag top 352 in the future. That'll be different.

But for this build I want that long bed for the field maintenance stuff you know.

I got a start shot, just haven't loaded it up yet. Hats off to you all who do resin, I'm getting a strong dislike for it. been cleaning up rough edges and making parts fit.

Not sure how much I will use out of the CGM kit other than the cab. The wheels are nice but they seem to be short on defined details. looks like the details where there but maybe the molds are getting on in age?

Pictures tonight.

Hats of to all you resin builders! :notworthy

Small parts ok but when it comes to whole kits then i'm out.

Looking forward to see your pics Bob
:popcorn
//Mats

Save that :popcorn might be a while on this.

hfc39bc5.jpg

h95a52be.jpg

Slapped some glue in the box and shake out the chassis. Fine kit this is.

:soldier

I gotta tell ya, not really thrilled working with resin. Hats off to you guys who do it all the time, let me get back to Tamiya and injection stuff.

I'm seeing in these pictures that the edges are looked really rough, instead of trying to clean this up and make it look like showroom truck, think I will just make it dirty, used and abused.

This will not be your well maintained, organized and efficient field maintenance truck. It'll be the built in the field make do with what you have maintenance truck. you know, totally opposite of what Laurence is doing. :rotf

hf104617.JPG

h042b8ef.JPG

Could see a soft top CCKW 352 in the future.

h4fdd023.JPG

hb5d4ea9.JPG

'm seeing in these pictures that the edges are looked really rough, instead of trying to clean this up and make it look like showroom truck, think I will just make it dirty, used and abused.

Perfect Bob, resin is a pain to work with the best of times, don't breath the dust when you sand.

looks good! (y)

Back