• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Germania figure completed

DML Gen2 “Germania” figure

Very good job, John!...following :popcorn

Missing to make some figures :eek:ldguy :drool

Luiz.

Luiz no time like the present! I am determined to get to what I consider an 85% figure painting skill. Calvin Tan, to me, is 100%!

I have his DVDs, I am going to try to follow along as I go.

Didn't know that, will have to look into them!

I got mine from The Last Cavalry. Dave Younquist, the proprietor, has quite a few videos of figure painting himself. And he calls personally if something is out of stock. Like, no kidding calls on the phone. It’s fantastic customer service.

Sorry - figure is coming along nicely. Enjoying this take shape.

Mike

Very good job, John!...following :popcorn

Missing to make some figures :eek:ldguy :drool

Luiz.

Luiz no time like the present! I am determined to get to what I consider an 85% figure painting skill. Calvin Tan, to me, is 100%!

I have his DVDs, I am going to try to follow along as I go.

Didn't know that, will have to look into them!

I got mine from The Last Cavalry. Dave Younquist, the proprietor, has quite a few videos of figure painting himself. And he calls personally if something is out of stock. Like, no kidding calls on the phone. It’s fantastic customer service.

Sorry - figure is coming along nicely. Enjoying this take shape.

Mike

:drtumbs

Just the head left to do. Getting lot oh hate on the FB for the rifle position, I'm like get over it. LOL

h458193a.JPG

h1d8ee69.JPG

h874de4b.JPG

h634c43a.JPG

he67f5e0.JPG

Nice, he needs to brush off the dirt before inspection...

Facewhat? What is this face thing you mention? :side:

All Done.

DML Gen2 "Germania" Figure with hornet head checks out a knocked out BEF (Tamiya/TMD) Matilda, Aaras France, May 1940.

hcc64a59.JPG

h6bb7fe9.JPG

hed53268.JPG

h1678caf.JPG

he24e83f.JPG

he3b7156.JPG

That's freaking cool! Where did the matilda come from?

I built it for Scale Model Addict years ago. Only article I ever did for them. I built the figure soon after, but got sidetracked with other projects, and forgot about it. As I have been pushing myself to paint better figures, I found this guy and just decided to use him as another “palate” to practice on. Today he finally found his home.

I almost got his eye right too, almost!
hb7ffc0f.jpeg

Fantastic job. I've always kind of wondered about the pose but this is a perfect pairing. Love it.
James

Back