• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gator's 1/16 Vietnam Dog Handler

Thanks guys. Mark, I do have a 1/35 modern US dog handler. This one though is 120mm or 1/16 scale.

Photo proof of base going on. It's cold and wet here in Southwest Louisiana so I got him in front of a fan. I'll do a light sanding and apply a second coat. You can see the base starting to take shape.

figurebasecoat_zps41508069.jpg

Here is the base, I used floral foam, coated with Liquidtex modeling paste.

KheSahnbase_zps81132ae1.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome and encouraged. B)

I got some work done this weekend. I got some dull coat on the figure and all of the pouches primed along with assembling the M-16 assembled. While I had the figure in base, I did a 360 degrees photoshoot of him directly under my task lamp to use as reference for shadows and highlights.

progress1_zpse05dcca0.jpg

progress2_zpsf1dd6c5e.jpg

progress3_zps4348b295.jpg

Thanks guys. Now that I've got photos, I'm going back and sanding him lightly to get all the little particles.

Hey guys.

I got the uniform shaded and dry brushed. I also go some work done on the base.

IMG_2779_zpslh7edfbn.jpg

IMG_2780_zps0nct0szt.jpg

Any advice on the ground work would be appreciated. I base coated with a red brown and then used Mig's Vietnam earth pigments on that. Then I hit it with a fixer, not shown.

Back