• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fw 200 Condor

Old Dog

I started this in 2008 and before it got much past doing the interior my wife passed and it took a couple of years before I could even garner any enthusiasm for model building. When I did this wasn't what I wanted to do. When I retired at the end of the year one of my goals was to start clearing away the backlog and this one was taking up a lot of space so over the past couple of months I have finished it up. I really hate having kits sit this long as you forget what you've done or were gonna do and stuff gets misplaced resulting in witch hunts. Anyway it's finally all together. It did prove challenging to photograph and it just wasn't going to happen inside so you'll need to excuse some of the funky stuff in the back grounds on some shots. I did do the full interior on this and here is one shot...

200-b09-2.jpg

There are more on my site here condor build

Anyway, here are the finished photos...

200-b17.jpg

200-b18.jpg

200-b19.jpg

200-b20.jpg

200-b21.jpg

200-b22.jpg

200-b23.jpg

200-b24.jpg

200-b25.jpg

200-b26.jpg

200-b27.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Fantastic. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
I just found one of these in my stash a few days ago. Was thinking of selling it, now maybe not :hmmm
James

Ooooh , how nice. Glad you didn't give up on it.

Have to admit I was really thinking Revell when I saw the post. Now that I read on, I realize this is truly a beast ! (y) (y) (y) Thank you :) .

Cheers, Christian B)

Really nice! I find the Condor to be one of the most beautiful of the German aircraft. I built a small scale one a long time ago after buying some Spanish book on the aircraft (it was painted in Spanish livery).

WW2-Spanish-Civil-War-German-Focke-Wulf-Fw.jpg

Sadly, that kit didn't survive little cousins visiting and climbing a bookcase (causing a collapse) to play with the 'toys.'

condor34sp.jpg

Regards,

Great job on the Condor Gary!

I also really like the pictures of it too, outdoor pictures of models is the way to go IMHO as it lets the colors to be seen as they truly are.

Matrixone

Beautiful finish on this one! One of my favourite aircraft ever, and I'm just sorry that it is so big, or I would have bought and built one long ago.

I remember the Revel 1/72d kit from the 60's... it was a beauty! I cannot imagine building one in 48th... but I just bet somebody in China is thinking... Let's make on in 1/32d or 1/24th!!!!! :bang head

Back