• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW 189A-1 Nacht Jager

Plastik Smurff

Time to launch into a new build in the new year an may as well do it in the dark. :D

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

Nice! I have that kit and it's a beauty. I look forward to seeing this come together.

Cheers!
chuk

PS- welcome back, Smurfie!

A few progress pic's,it's goin slow (damm work) :bang head .
The pit color was rather dark.

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

After a little work.

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

I lightend up the base color with a little white and dry brushed the whole pit then when that had dried I dry brushed Oily steel over the high spots.It still look's pretty dull in there so I may throw a little dust in there as well.

To cool- this is the kit I was gonna start on for this, have to dig into the stash now- unless you guys would rather see two of these? CR

Don't sell yerself short Smurff, I bought this kit because because of what it was and that the reviewers said that it is a joy to build, but there was almost universal agreement that the canopies mask set was a royal bish to get right. Ask Chuck W about that one! Keep it going. CR

I notice in the start up pics there are some really fine thin pieces on the sprues, after my exploits with the GWH P-61 - be very careful with their plastic, it is very brittle and may break just by looking at it too hard!

great start, looking good (y)

The pit in position with the kit supplied seatbelt's.The colors of the instrument panel have been kept low key an do not show up very well in the photo's.

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

More to come.

Night fighters /FW 189A-1 Nacht Jager

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/nightfighters/148464-fw-189a-1-nacht-jager
I would like to complete this build,it's a nice plane.

Back